Family day care costs

Daviesfamily adelaide

Guest vikkiann

I'm not sure if it's the same but I pay $48 per day for OSHC, I'm sure my friend pays about the same for daycare but that's in Aldinga. Nearer to the city may be more

Hi there

I am a Family Day Care Provider and live in the Eastern suburbs - cost varies as we set our own fees.

If you go onto 'FDC 'site or 'Care for Kids' you will be able to do a search for your area. It will list all the people in your area and let you know who has availability...you can either contact them via email/phone

If you require any further info on FDC please do not hesitate to contact me via PM

Thanks

Happy searching!

Fiona

50% rebate for PR but if you have 2 or more kids in some sort of childcare in the same week (doesn't have to be same day) you get 67% paid. Our OHSC costs are tiny! We live in stirling and OHSC fees are $10-am and $17-pm so total per day is about $27 of which we end up paying about $9 a day. Hardly worth them not going! Childcare here is $88 per day and we pay around $30 dollars of that once the government pay their bit.

50% rebate for PR but if you have 2 or more kids in some sort of childcare in the same week (doesn't have to be same day) you get 67% paid. Our OHSC costs are tiny! We live in stirling and OHSC fees are $10-am and $17-pm so total per day is about $27 of which we end up paying about $9 a day. Hardly worth them not going! Childcare here is $88 per day and we pay around $30 dollars of that once the government pay their bit.

How much of your childcare costs the government pays depends on how much you earn. There are two types of help. The childcare rebate covers 50% of your out of pocket costs up to a maximum of $7,500 a year per child and is not means tested. The childcare benefit is means tested and is paid on a sliding scale depending on how much you earn. A family who earns little will get most of there childcare fees paid through the childcare benefit, a family who earns $150k a year will get no childcare benefit. I can't remember the actual cut off but the more you earn the less childcare benefit you get. We just get the 50% rebate.

Just to add, in order to get the childcare rebate you have to apply for childcare benefit, even if you know you will not get any.

Edited by NicF

I thought that too but when I rang she (centrelink lady) said to make sure both childcare centres know I have 2 kids and I'd get 67% rebate. I chose to have childcare benefit at end of tax year as I don't know how much i will earn. So the 67% is the figure EVERYONE gets regardless of income!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
I thought that too but when I rang she (centrelink lady) said to make sure both childcare centres know I have 2 kids and I'd get 67% rebate. I chose to have childcare benefit at end of tax year as I don't know how much i will earn. So the 67% is the figure EVERYONE gets regardless of income!

Nope, sorry but NicF is correct. Childcare benefit is means tested and the percentage will change. If both my kids are in childcare I get a higher percentage paid than if only one of them goes. Childcare benefit is 50% for everyone regardless of income. If you are getting 67% paid it is Childcare benefit not rebate.

Oh I stand corrected... Better contact them and make sure I am on right thing as she told me everyone got 67% regardless of income if they have 2 kids! Oh well I won't be earning much this year anyway as we haven't been here long so only just establishing ourselves so I think it'll be ok!