Sports vouchers $50 discount for sports/club fees

snifter

Just saw in another thread this was mentioned and remembered we used it recently for sons footy club fees. Means we paid $35 instead of $85 this season :) Thought I'd give it a mention in its own thread as it's a useful saving for parents.

You can often get the forms through your school or if not visit the sports voucher website and print off to use at your local sports club of choice to help toward your kids fees/membership. You can look up which clubs take part but also check with the club direct if not listed as they may well take them. The vouchers can be used for lots of different sports and clubs.

http://www.sportsvouchers.sa.gov.au

ETA -for reception to Y7 age group

Just saw in another thread this was mentioned and remembered we used it recently for sons footy club fees. Means we paid $35 instead of $85 this season :) Thought I'd give it a mention in its own thread as it's a useful saving for parents.

You can often get the forms through your school or if not visit the sports voucher website and print off to use at your local sports club of choice to help toward your kids fees/membership. You can look up which clubs take part but also check with the club direct if not listed as they may well take them. The vouchers can be used for lots of different sports and clubs.

http://www.sportsvouchers.sa.gov.au

ETA -for reception to Y7 age group

thanks a lot! The school never gave us the letter! Both clubs my kids are in do accept the vouchers! Less $100 for next term! Great....

I'd forgotten all about this. I must look in to if the footy club my son is at takes them. I know our Little Athletics club is going to take them next year but my eldest doesn't get one because he is too old and the youngest dropped out this year so not sure if he will do it next year and it would be good if we can make use of the voucher.

• 9 months later...
Does anyone know a soccer,cricket or gymnastics club that takes these vouchers, especially around Flagstaff Hill or Blackwood? Would love to get some use out of them.

Check with Flagstaff cricket club and see if they accept the vouchers for cricket. We are using the voucher for footy in the coming weeks and paid for the cricket already this season.

Most clubs these days seem to accept them.

Afraid we don't do soccer at all for me to know where to suggest. Isn't there a gymnastics club in Blackwood at the recreation centre? They might be worth asking.

Hi thx for putting this up I did know about it and used one last year for my daughters netball unfortunately not all Gropius / clubs accept them not sure why....my only question is is it per year ? Only it's a new year so could I use one again....thx for the reminder on this X

Just giving this thread a bump as its now 2016 and the 2016 sports voucher can be used this year.

Here is the link again also

http://www.sportsvouchers.sa.gov.au/

Just going through my children's clips (we hang relevant sports and school info on a clip each on the study door) to clear out last year's stuff and come across the vouchers we printed off and thought they'd do again but the lin you've shared shows new ones for 2016... have to print again - and this year we've only 1 eligible (which is a real shame because it's the boy who does more than one sport), still all help is gratefully received; I've just worked out that we've spent over $2,500 getting the 3 of them back to school this term (fees (at state schools), new uniform for new high school, BYOD, photos - already!, stationery, shoes...)

ETA - we used the vouchers last year, we printed some and school gave us some hence the left overs.

Hi thx for putting this up I did know about it and used one last year for my daughters netball unfortunately not all Gropius / clubs accept them not sure why....my only question is is it per year ? Only it's a new year so could I use one again....thx for the reminder on this X

Yes its per year. So Jan 1 saw a new voucher able to be used.

Plenty of sports clubs do accept them. If one doesn't, there are usually plenty of other sports clubs over the year that do so you'd make use of it somewhere.

All the sports clubs our son attends accept them but we tend to stick to using it for footy as its the first thing comes round needing payment. Cricket, Little Athletics and other things start later in the year.

Just going through my children's clips (we hang relevant sports and school info on a clip each on the study door) to clear out last year's stuff and come across the vouchers we printed off and thought they'd do again but the lin you've shared shows new ones for 2016... have to print again - and this year we've only 1 eligible (which is a real shame because it's the boy who does more than one sport), still all help is gratefully received; I've just worked out that we've spent over $2,500 getting the 3 of them back to school this term (fees (at state schools), new uniform for new high school, BYOD, photos - already!, stationery, shoes...)

ETA - we used the vouchers last year, we printed some and school gave us some hence the left overs.

Ouch at the back to school costs. Thats a fair chunk.

I forgot our school fees have hit nearly $400 and pulled a face when the invoice came home today. Thankfully I had some lovely hand me downs uniform wise and only needed to buy one new school shirt. The rest we've made do for another year or so I reckon :)

• 1 month later...

Just giving this another bump for any recent arrivals or those arriving soon with kids who are looking to join local sports clubs. You can use the voucher, one per child and save some money on the membership fees. Soccer season is coming up, as is footy and other winter sports so you'd get the use out of it. Or wait till spring comes round for things like Little Athletics and so on.

Ask away about possible clubs, sports and so on and we'll do our best to help :)