Babysitters

fleur

Hi there, I'm moving to Adelaide in 3 weeks...eekkkkk!! I have 2 children aged 12 and 10yrs and would be looking got help in the evening with childcare. Can anyone help me....does anyone know or use any sitters that they know well and can recommend to me. Would appreciate any help....looking to stay in Hallett Cove/Happy Valley or near this areas. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Are you meaning evenings at home after kids go to bed sort of thing or after school care? I'm thinking evenings at home but just checking as after school care in schools here is good in case you meant those sorts of hours.

Babysitting wise, I don't really use any kind of network or anything here. I've made a couple of good friends here and both of those are happy to babysit. Means they leave their hubby with their kids but we return the favour for them or have the kids on sleep overs and stuff. Also a few family members help out. But its not a regular weekly thing or anything, just as and when.

I'll ask some school mums (may not see many of them till schools go back in a couple of weeks) if they use a regular babysitter and see what they say. Although we don't live in either of the suburbs you mention, we are not a million miles away from one of them and babysitters can travel a bit if they have a car or scooter. Although if its a teen who can't drive then getting across a few suburbs could be a pain with public transport and then possibly having to walk.

Hiya , tthanks for answering, I'm looking for probably once a week in the evening after school care....till about 9/10ish as I will have to work shifts. Would be great if you can find any information from other parents would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hiya , tthanks for answering, I'm looking for probably once a week in the evening after school care....till about 9/10ish as I will have to work shifts. Would be great if you can find any information from other parents would really appreciate it. Thanks

I'll definately ask around. I don't know of anyone offhand who has a timeframe like that from after school till late who has someone from outside their family helping. I know a few parents who have the grandparents helping out but thats about all.

I'll have a think and see if there are any other possibles.

Good luck with the move and all that :) Not long now.

Hi

my 22 year old daughter arrives in Adelaide 2 weeks tonight!!! Hurray!!! She has just finished a 4 year primary school teaching degree in the UK. She has loads of experience including nannying in France and 2 seasons with Eurocamp, one as a kids courier. She has a UK CRB check and could apply for a Oz police clearance. She has PR and will be looking for work whilst applying for her teaching registration. I am sure she would be interested. We are down South and she will be driving. Message if your interested or would like further info.

thanks. Karen

Hi fleur

my wife and I arrive 10th may, she is a fully qualified nursery assistant in the uk and as worked in childcare for over 10 years and previously worked as teaching assistant. Will only be looking for part time work when we arrive so may suit both parties. You can message her here if any use to you?

thanks

steve & Lesley