Hama Beads

flossybeth

I'm trying really hard to find Hama Beads (I think I've found an Australian equivalent - Perler Beads) but there seems to be nowhere that actually stocks them. We bought the Ikea ones a couple of months ago and they are absolute rubbish - they melt far too quickly and the boards do too!

I was looking at getting some off Amazon but when I put in SA as the postal address a few of the items couldn't be shipped - is this something to do with customs or do you reckon I could get some sent to a relative and then posted on?

Unless of course anyone knows where I can find some locally and I'd much rather do that.

• 10 months later...
I'm trying really hard to find Hama Beads (I think I've found an Australian equivalent - Perler Beads) but there seems to be nowhere that actually stocks them. We bought the Ikea ones a couple of months ago and they are absolute rubbish - they melt far too quickly and the boards do too!

I was looking at getting some off Amazon but when I put in SA as the postal address a few of the items couldn't be shipped - is this something to do with customs or do you reckon I could get some sent to a relative and then posted on?

Unless of course anyone knows where I can find some locally and I'd much rather do that.

The educational toy shop on The Parade, Norwood, Windmill, has a large selection of Hama beads, and quite a variety of the dimpled frames. Well worth a visit!