school expenses

Guest fuzzbox

Guest fuzzbox

Hello anyone who can help. I have been on google australia and have seen a couple of postings about paying for schools and that got me thinking....do you have to pay for schooling in australia.and if so how much is it.......a freind at my sons current infant school is from NZ and she said that you have a bill to pay on the first day of school for all the statioary that your child would use that year and that she was sure it was the same in oz..

could anyone shed any light on this as its an area i can't seem to find any info on

ta

Lisa,Russ and boys :D

Sheffield

Guest hayls

Hi Lisa,

I have 2 daughters in high school here they started in march and we had to pay $650 for both of them, and then we had to go and buy their exercise books on top of that. I have a friend with 2 boys at primary age and she said she paid about the same, hope that helps.

cheers Hayls

Guest fuzzbox

Hi Hayley..

thanks for that..it does help..all these little bits of information help when your trying to make a decision as to go or not...we are still in limbo at the mo and can;t seem to decide..

how are you finding it over there...

did you have family/friends over there before you went...

how have your kids addapted to a new education sysyem...

sorry for all th questions but there is much to think about..

Thanks

Lisa and russ

:? :) :?

Guest hayls

Hi Lisa,

We arrived on the 3rd of jan to our oaa[it had bed bugs but they could not put me off]

No we did not have family here,but cam my oh knew a couple who had come in september before us and they were a great help picking us up and taking us bowling and introduced us to an irish family who are also great friends now, they helped us get a car and gave us loads of advice.

We have bought a house in mount barker in the hills and i love it , we bought straight away as i knew we were definatley going to give it a year at least and when you look at the rent prices and the way house prices are going up here we could only make money by buying.

My children have settled in great i wont say we havent had tears as we did,ecspecially when they went to school,but they love it now my youngest does not want to go home and i think we would have a fight on our hands if we said we were going home, my eldest likes it here and has great friends but would be just as happy if we said we were going home, she is very shy and does not like change so we knew it would be difficult, its been a great help that the school has let them start in the same year, but now charlotte says she wants to stop in this year[she is in year 8 but should be in 9]so im going to ask that she stays where she is because if she is happy we are all happy.

I miss my family but i do NOT miss the uk one bit and i do not want to return, i have been here 4 months now and getting up to sunshine every day is great and there is always some thing to do here that does not cost a fortune.

any thing i can help with let me know

bye for now Hayls

Hi Hayls

Its lovely to hear the girls are settling into their new way of life. Has Cam settled into working? Have you found anything yet or just enjoying being a lady of leisure :wink:

Its funny you mention houses as we track realestate from the UK & there are so many more 'SSTC' that a little !! Things are going very quickly that are within our price range anyway.

Might have to buy quick ourselves 8)

Take care

Angela

Hi Hayls

Its lovely to hear the girls are settling into their new way of life. Has Cam settled into working? Have you found anything yet or just enjoying being a lady of leisure :wink:

Its funny you mention houses as we track realestate from the UK & there are so many more 'SSTC' than a little !! Things are going very quickly that are within our price range anyway.

Might have to buy quick ourselves 8)

Take care

Angela