Nappies?! Help!

mrsB13

We arrived in hallett cove a fortnight ago, and we are struggling to find a decent nappy brand for our 13mth old. In the uk we used pampers, but cannot seem to find them here. We've tried nappy love and huggies but both are leaking and nappy love caused a really red sore bottom! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Gem.x

Hiya, we use the comfybots at night for our 3yr old, have the occasional leak when she has drunk abit too much before bedtime. But on the whole good for the price. Due a little one in July and have purchased a couple of packs of huggies to start with. Can work out quite expensive though so i know a couple of ladies who are giving the reusable ones a go. Not sure i can be dealing with that myself but Ill let you know what feedback they give. Also dont think we have one ready to go yet but have heard good things about the Aldi ones.

I am sure Pampers can be gotten here now though stockists may be thin on the ground. Perhaps order them online in bulk and get them shipped? I did find an Aus website or two offering this just now, one with free shipping but I'd guess the cost of the nappies might be a bit more or there is a minimum order price wise.

I think we used Coles own brand ones when we were over on hols when ours was small. We used Pampers in the UK, brought some with us but of course needed more and Huggies were dire on ours. They were good in daytime but not great overnight I seem to recall.

Hiya, we use the comfybots at night for our 3yr old, have the occasional leak when she has drunk abit too much before bedtime. But on the whole good for the price. Due a little one in July and have purchased a couple of packs of huggies to start with. Can work out quite expensive though so i know a couple of ladies who are giving the reusable ones a go. Not sure i can be dealing with that myself but Ill let you know what feedback they give. Also dont think we have one ready to go yet but have heard good things about the Aldi ones.

I'm not turning this into a real nappy thread BUT I used washables on all three of mine and even ran a market stall selling reusables and other baby stuff for a while. I loved mine - there was so much choice and super easy to use and that was in the UK; I should think here they'd be easier to dry and the sun would really bleach them clean. I think I've seen a couple of nappy libraries where you can borrow different styles and see which might work for you - I offered that too and it's a really good way to practice and see if they would be good for you before you spent money on them.

As for one-use nappies I can't help since my youngest was 7 when we arrived but it looks like Comfybots are winners :)