Ksales

Hi we've just arrived in Adelaide and wondered if anyone has advise on good Catholic schools that are structured and have good routines and curriculum? We are looking at renting in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide. We thought we may visit StJosephs in Paynham, Hectorville and Norwood, and also StPius - we would appreciate anyone's views on these schools plus recommendations of any others.

thanks in advance, AnK

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about Catholic schools as it's not really our thing, but are you considering single sex schools or just co-ed? Rostrevor College is considered a good school but is boys only. It is Catholic even though it's not obvious from the name. Not cheap though.

Our eldest goes to Sacred Heart College Middle School although this may be out of your area. It is a boys school for yrs 6-9, but there is a girls equivalent - Marymount College. The two schools then combine again for senior school on a different campus. We are not Catholic, but simply chose this school as it seemed the best for our Son. I have been MORE than impressed, the school is well equipped, has excellent teaching, excellent parent-teacher relations and is streets ahead of the state primary he used to go to. I don't know your kids ages but it can be hard to get in to Sacred Heart if you don't go to a feeder school, so I'd consider finding a feeder primary if they are younger.