Swimming pools...indoor / outdoor

Does anyone have any recommendations for outdoor pools in the city?

I think that my nearest one is in Marion (at the Aquatic Centre) which is 15 minutes away from where I live.

The north seems to be really well equipped with outdoor pools. Any recommendations? Anyone use them?

I have a growing tribe of grandkids and a change of scenery might be nice. I went to the Modbury Anaconda store during the week...took 45 minutes which is an ok time for a van full of kids. I also go through to SA stadium (Santos stadium) every week and I could take the other kids swimming whilst my grandson is with the coach.

My local pool is in Noarlunga but they filled in the outside pool many years ago! Maybe no demand with the beach being so close?

Anyone know of anything further south too?

The Marion outdoor pool is lovely. There are 3 pools, the main one, the kids one and the paddling pool both of which have sun sails over. Plus the new water slide (not into a pool). Has a BBQ there, play area, cafe and lots of shade. Lovely setting. And yes, lots of parking.

Edited by snifter
added a bit

Burnside pool is nice, although a bit of a lack of shade over the main pool. We like Norwood pool best as it's usually a bit quieter and there is shade from the trees at the side of the pool. It's tucked away behind a school and really hard to find with no real car park, which is probably why it's quieter, but we have never had a problem parking close by. I've never been to Paynham but that one is okay as well apparently. There is also a Water World at Modbury, that again I've not been to, but my OH and kids have and they really liked it. There are slides there apparently which the other outdoor pools don't have.

There's one in Strathalbyn, no good for when you're at the SA stadium but for a day trip it'd be pretty good, it has a toddler pool, lots of shade, a kiosk, plenty of parking and is an easy walk into town.

I think there is a definite need for a pool down this way - anything south of Noarlunga given how the population is growing from McLaren Flat, Aldinga, Maslin, Seaford and up I reckon it'd get used.