Catholic primary schools

Trevali

Hi - I am trying to research catholic primary schools within South Australia. Unsure where they are all are and the zones you need to live in. Does anybody know of a website that provides a a map of where the school is located within a residential area. In the U.K. we have a website called Up My Street. This website gives a place profile and shows where all schools are located on a map. Is there anything like this in Oz. I have looked on the real estate websites but I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

Trevali xx

:v_SPIN:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

I think way back when, I put a post in the education section about a website which tells you about schools here in SA and how to get in touch with them.

There a plenty of catholic and other religious schools here in SA, but I am unsure about zoning for them. Have you decided where you want to live? It might be worth waiting until you get here because what looks good from www.realestate.com.au and what looks good once you get here are very different things.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Regs

Sas

:wubclub:

PS - it was quite a while back, so thought i would save you time ... www.ais.sa.edu.au

hope it helps a bit!

• 1 month later...
Guest arentol

Hi all, I just wanted to join in on this thread.

My family and I are migrating to Australia next year. Right now I am doing some research on Catholic Primary schools in Adelaide, particularly those that are R-12.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the following Catholic primary schools in Adelaide:

• St. Ignatius College (http://www.ignatius.sa.edu.au/)

• St. Francis de Sales College (http://www.stfrancis.adl.catholic.edu.au/)

• Mercedes College (http://www.mercedes.adl.catholic.edu.au/index.cfm)

My daughter's formal education is still quite a few years away (she's just 13 months), but I am doing planning now, especially since many schools have waiting lists.

If you have children in any of the above schools, or know of someone who does, I'd love to learn more and hear your personal experiences & opinions.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Aren

Are you after specifically coed, there is also the new Nazareth college over in underdale in the western subs. Also Cardijn College in the south and Xavier up by Gawler.

Loretto is an all girls R-12, also St Alouysius College and St Mary's in the city.

In North Adelaide there is St Dominics, again all girls R-12.

Hi

My daughter is at the senior campus of St Ignatius. We have been very happy so far (this is her first year there). Many of the parents seem to have kids that attend the Junior Campus (in Norwood) and also seem very happy there. We went to a new parents' night that was held on the Junior campus and it seemed very nice. I would say it probably isn't one of the cheapest of the private schools, but we have just received their annual School Performance Report and it makes quite impressive reading. Apparently, under the Schools Assistance Act, all schools are required to report School Performance Information annually to their communities (it was news to me!) so it might be worth contacting the schools you have listed, and asking them to send you a copy of their reports. Of course, performance isn't everything and what suits one child may not suit another, but we liked the fact that it was co-ed and offered plenty of co-curricular activities that weren't all sports based (such as chess club, music and future problem solving). If I get a chance, I'll ask one of the primary school parents for their views at the weekend, and PM you if there's anything significant!

Diane

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arentol

Diane - Thanks for the reply and information about St Ignatius! It was very helpful. I know that the Jesuits have a great reputation when it comes to education (attended a Jesuit university myself). I've taken your advice and contacted the school to request more information. I'm glad to see that they offer some non-sporting extra-curricular activities... it seems that every school I look at puts so much emphasis on sports.

Trevali - You may want to check out this link, it may help your search: http://www.adelaide.catholic.org.au/sites/CatholicEducationOfficesSA/our-schools/find-a-school

Kind regards,

Aren -

Hi

My daughter is at the senior campus of St Ignatius. We have been very happy so far (this is her first year there). Many of the parents seem to have kids that attend the Junior Campus (in Norwood) and also seem very happy there. We went to a new parents' night that was held on the Junior campus and it seemed very nice. I would say it probably isn't one of the cheapest of the private schools, but we have just received their annual School Performance Report and it makes quite impressive reading. Apparently, under the Schools Assistance Act, all schools are required to report School Performance Information annually to their communities (it was news to me!) so it might be worth contacting the schools you have listed, and asking them to send you a copy of their reports. Of course, performance isn't everything and what suits one child may not suit another, but we liked the fact that it was co-ed and offered plenty of co-curricular activities that weren't all sports based (such as chess club, music and future problem solving). If I get a chance, I'll ask one of the primary school parents for their views at the weekend, and PM you if there's anything significant!

Diane

---

Hi - I am trying to research catholic primary schools within South Australia. Unsure where they are all are and the zones you need to live in. Does anybody know of a website that provides a a map of where the school is located within a residential area. In the U.K. we have a website called Up My Street. This website gives a place profile and shows where all schools are located on a map. Is there anything like this in Oz. I have looked on the real estate websites but I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

Trevali xx