children need C.V's for school??

Guest smith843

Guest smith843

Hello All

Just wanted to ask you all if you need any kind of letter from your childs English school, with attendance, performance etc??

Do Australian schools ask for anything like this when you want to enrol your child? Do different schools have different requirements?

We are emigrating in August and have a 6 year old daugter.:)

Many thanks

Claire

Guest Trakki

I can't answer directly as we are not there yet but we are taking the school reports our oldest 2 have just got, these are the best way to let the teachers there see where your child is at. That way they can also see what strengths, weaknesses they have and what their character is like. Our son is doing well but incredibly slow at writing, too busy being in his own little world!! Our daughter who is in reception has been working with theh year ones and recived and invite to join some young, gifted and talented thing so will take that so she is kept at the right level.. From what I have read on here Australian schools are not as hung up on performance charts and assess the children on their ability and not what stage they should be at.

Hope that helps a bit

Guest Nick11
Hello All

Just wanted to ask you all if you need any kind of letter from your childs English school, with attendance, performance etc??

Do Australian schools ask for anything like this when you want to enrol your child? Do different schools have different requirements?

We are emigrating in August and have a 6 year old daugter.:)

Many thanks

Claire

We got all our childrens records from their primary school, which made interesting reading!!!

Passed them onto their new schools in oz - not sure how much notice they actually took of them!

We got the school records from our childrens UK school and took it with us when we went to enrol the kids in their new school. We had all their stories, pictures, work etc.....they only took the school record, photocopied it and gave us it back and didn't even look at their work.

I thought they would have at least looked at the kids work to find out if they were neat or not, had a good standard of work, to help them organise their work load, but no.........

They have now had their first report card, which was excellent and really good feedback from the school, so they obviously have their own way of doing things that determines where the kids are placed in terms of work.

Guest Deb17
We got all our childrens records from their primary school, which made interesting reading!!!

Passed them onto their new schools in oz - not sure how much notice they actually took of them!

I don't think they bother looking at them either. As others have said they have their own way of doing things out here. In the UK teachers would want to see the last reports for baseline assessment purposes, grouping children according to ability etc...but over here 'assessment' seems to be a dirty word. Amongst other dirty words like 'quality teaching' hmm...now I could really have a rant about this but I've said too much already! :chatterbox:

Guest stufi1997

We took reports from the school, which they photocopied, but Aaron's teacher here(although she did read them) told us she would make up her own mind on where she thought he would fit best in the Aussie system. We tentatively left it to her...but so far he seems to be making very steady progress and he thoroughly enjoys it, which in my mind is THE most important thing.

She reckons he still has a way to go with being independent in the class, a throwback from his teaching in Scotland perhaps.....but she's very happy with the way he's settling in....Happy peeps all round....Fiona

Guest smith843

Hello all!!

Big thanks for all the replies!!!!! Your advice is helpful and will now just be taking the reports with me and let the teachers make up there minds about where she should be placed!!

School has been abit of a worry with my daugter she loves it here and is a sensitive soul so just hope she likes it as much in Oz!! :unsure:

Claire x :wubclub: