seaford rise schools

Guest Dean and Sharon

Guest Dean and Sharon

we are moving to australia in feb 2009 and are looking to settle in seaford rise we have a 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl as well as our 8 week old baby girl.Please can anyone give us names/information on any of the schools in this area, any help much appreciated Dean and Sharon.

Guest cunnah10
we are moving to australia in feb 2009 and are looking to settle in seaford rise we have a 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl as well as our 8 week old baby girl.Please can anyone give us names/information on any of the schools in this area, any help much appreciated Dean and Sharon.

Hi AGAIN

I too asked this question not so long ago and i was told SEAFORD PRIMARY was a very good school as was MOANA!

Hi Dean & Sharon

There are quite a few schools in the seaford rise area. Seaford Rise Primary will be walking distance if living there...there is also Seaford K-7 and Moana...they are all state schools. There is a Catholic private school in Seaford rise also called All Saints..

My girls are 8 and 11 - when we first came here, they started at Seaford Primary as it was closest - however, after 4 months we decided to move them to the catholic school. ( btw the fees for All Saints, are very reasonable and are means tested)

I have to say - I know quite a few families who have taken their children out of Seaford Rise - however, each to their own...horses for courses etc..........this is just my take.

sarahx

Guest cunnah10
Hi Dean & Sharon

There are quite a few schools in the seaford rise area. Seaford Rise Primary will be walking distance if living there...there is also Seaford K-7 and Moana...they are all state schools. There is a Catholic private school in Seaford rise also called All Saints..

My girls are 8 and 11 - when we first came here, they started at Seaford Primary as it was closest - however, after 4 months we decided to move them to the catholic school. ( btw the fees for All Saints, are very reasonable and are means tested)

I have to say - I know quite a few families who have taken their children out of Seaford Rise - however, each to their own...horses for courses etc..........this is just my take.

sarahx

Hi SARAH

would you mind me asking(you don't have to answer of course)but why have quite a few parents taken their children out of Seaford Primary?Was it due to the educational side of things or other issues?

Gill

Guest guest569

We took our daughter out of Seaford Rise primary as she wasn't getting stretched ( mentally :biglaugh:) The teacher was far too busy with the children which have behavior issues . She now goes to All Saints and i beleave now after reading this thread she's in the same class as Likeshoppings daughter.:idea:

Guest Deb17

No wonder people are calling Seaford Rise 'Little Britain'. :)It seems we all want to live by the beach!!

Having read so many posts from poms who have already or who wish to settle in these areas, perhaps we should organize our own private 'English' school for the area, with higher academic standards and teachers who have training in how to cope with 'behavioural problems'!!! Of course I'd be willing to offer my services to teach in this school (blatant angling for a job, any job!!!) :P;)

No wonder people are calling Seaford Rise 'Little Britain'. :)It seems we all want to live by the beach!!

Having read so many posts from poms who have already or who wish to settle in these areas, perhaps we should organize our own private 'English' school for the area, with higher academic standards and teachers who have training in how to cope with 'behavioural problems'!!! Of course I'd be willing to offer my services to teach in this school (blatant angling for a job, any job!!!) :P;)

Sounds like a great idea!! And I vote Deb for headmistress!!!

sarahx

Gill....We took our kids out because we felt they were not getting a good standard of education.....it didnt help when were given the end of year stats - and the school were below average for everything - and had been for the past few years. (the principal didnt even make a comment - like saying how they improve it or anything!)

I just didnt feel like the teachers were up to much - I felt like they were more like childminders for them, rather then trying to teach them stuff.

sarahx

Guest Deb17
Sounds like a great idea!! And I vote Deb for headmistress!!!

sarahx

Oooh thanks for the vote of confidence Sarah, but I don't fancy the Head's job in a million years. They get to sit in a soulless office all day and do the PR job...I prefer the actual 'hands on, getting mucky, splashing paint around the classroom' type thing. :wubclub:

See ya later (only I need sympathy, I've got a cold...)

Deb xx

Guest cunnah10
Gill....We took our kids out because we felt they were not getting a good standard of education.....it didnt help when were given the end of year stats - and the school were below average for everything - and had been for the past few years. (the principal didnt even make a comment - like saying how they improve it or anything!)

I just didnt feel like the teachers were up to much - I felt like they were more like childminders for them, rather then trying to teach them stuff.

sarahx

Hi Sarah

Well that doesn't sound good!I don't know where we will be living now to be honest with you!Was defo around Seaford but will Depend very much whereabouts OH gets a job!

If the school is way behind and has been for past few years then why isn't anything done about it?

Doesn't make sense when you have the likes of Deb (and a good few others)who would do almost anything to get in there and turn things around!

I have 4 kids as you know (3 yr old would only be starting in kindy so that would be fine if he just played and enjoyed himself)but i wouldn't be impressed if this was the case for my other 3 chidren!

The 2 boys aged 11 and 7 are very bright and are doing well above average in the school they attend here (which has excellent reviews/results etc.. year after year)so i would want them to carry on with the standard of education that they should have for their abilities(or i could see them getting bored and even lazy)

where as my daughter (9) struggles with school and so she would need extra support to get her upto scratch(which again the school she attends now - same as the boys - wiling gives her this)

Where did you move your children to after taking them out of Seaford and where you not asked by the Head what your reasons where for taking them out?

Gill

Hi Gill

I moved my kids to All Saints - which is a catholic private school - still in Seaford Rise. The fees are very reasonable and are means tested - also, there are many children there who arent catholic. My kids went to a catholic school in the Uk and was quite religious - but All Saints isnt.

Sarahx

ps - the head at Seaford rise - had no interest when I sent her a letter saying they were not returning after the holidays - didnt get any response at all - what does that tell you ?

Guest katsmajic

I didnt go into Seaford Rise school so i cant comment, but i do know that Moana & Port Noarlunga primary schools are great, the teachers are friendly, the walls have the kids work proudly on display, the heads know every childs names, the kids are happy, my daughter is relaxed and happy to go to school, she is receiving additional help which she needs.

I personally would run a mile from an 'english' school - kids sat soulessly being force fed drivvle from posh white boards to get them through sats....because its all about the image/results/brownie points a school can score...

nope im totally over the moon if my daughter stays 'slow' but happy - and can also add that shes grasped so much more educationally here than she did in the uk, from the totally different way the learning/teaching is delivered.

For those that are not here yet - please don't confuse Seaford Rise Primary with Seaford K7. I have written quite a lot on the subject of Seaford K7. My son started at Seaford K7 last Novemeber and in all honesty has come on in leaps and bounds. Considering that he was in year 1 in the UK (in a Beacon school) and joined reception here, the children had flown past him with both reading and writing. The school (I believe have pulled out lots of stops with him and he now has extra lessons twice a week on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis and he really is doing great. There are 240 ish pupils at the school so the classes dont seem overcrowded. I only know of 4 english kids that go there. Thomas does chess, soccer and keyboard lessons and really is becoming more confident and is encoraged to become self sufficient too. I know parents who have removed their children from Seaford Rise Primary - but haven't heard any complaints from the parents at Seaford K7

Lindsey

Guest cunnah10
For those that are not here yet - please don't confuse Seaford Rise Primary with Seaford K7. I have written quite a lot on the subject of Seaford K7. My son started at Seaford K7 last Novemeber and in all honesty has come on in leaps and bounds. Considering that he was in year 1 in the UK (in a Beacon school) and joined reception here, the children had flown past him with both reading and writing. The school (I believe have pulled out lots of stops with him and he now has extra lessons twice a week on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis and he really is doing great. There are 240 ish pupils at the school so the classes dont seem overcrowded. I only know of 4 english kids that go there. Thomas does chess, soccer and keyboard lessons and really is becoming more confident and is encoraged to become self sufficient too. I know parents who have removed their children from Seaford Rise Primary - but haven't heard any complaints from the parents at Seaford K7

Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey - I "did" think that the comments were about Seaford K7 (didn't realize that there was a seaford (rise) primary!!!!

How is Andy getting on with his soccer team?

Think you may have been chatting to a friend of mine (julie) at a bbq last week - she's hopeless with names but remembers a "lindsey" from PIA!

Guest guest569
Yes Gill that was me. Andy did not end up coaching the team (thankfully) but goes every week - they won their first match a few weeks ago! The kids were absolutely thrilled.

Lindsey

I also saw you on bbq duties, K-7 drew 1-1 with my daughters school team.