What to do in school holidays?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

What do teenagers get up to in the school holidays to keep busy? I only work part time in the UK so I am home a lot to be with my girls. In Oz I will have to work more hours, I'm a bit worried that they will be on their own too much, feeling home sick and missing friends. I know they will be making lots of friends, but I will have to work quite soon when we get there.Which may not give them too much time to adjust, when they actually need me! Also I have no idea where we will be living. Any info would be good.

Laura x

Guest cityfan

hi...you are not on your own with this dilemma!!....i am just going through the process of registering with the nurses board in sa...i too work part time hours here and have a term time contract.....my girls are 10 and 12 so too young to leave....i will have to work full time hours over there for my visa conditions....have no idea what job hubby will do to fit in with my hours and i dont leave my girls here so i certainly dont want to do it in a foreign country!!!!!...........this is my main concern and is in the back of my mind all the time.....so much so its kind of putting me off going......:arghh:

Guest marty
What do teenagers get up to in the school holidays to keep busy? I only work part time in the UK so I am home a lot to be with my girls. In Oz I will have to work more hours, I'm a bit worried that they will be on their own too much, feeling home sick and missing friends. I know they will be making lots of friends, but I will have to work quite soon when we get there.Which may not give them too much time to adjust, when they actually need me! Also I have no idea where we will be living. Any info would be good.

Laura x

The Beach, The pool, The Shopping Center, The Movies, there are lots of things for them to do even watching DVD's at home Adelaide is a safe place and as long as they keep away from some of the bad spots (you'll soon learn where they are) they will have no problems

For primary school children there is vacation care, usually at their school. They organise trips to the movies, ice skating, sometimes bus trips up into the hills, or just craft and cooking at school. Kids here tend to visit each other at their houses unless they are a bit older and meet at the shopping malls or cinemas.

Older kids of high school age meet at the malls, go to the movies, the beach, pools each other's houses too, but they usually do it without parent in tow. There are also holiday sport clinics, art courses, etc. Laura once your children have found their way around the city, they can do things together ubtil they have friends. There is ice and roller skating, life saving in the summer, dance clinics, etc.