School Terms...

Guest Lizzie

Guest Lizzie

Hi.

A question has been hanging on to me for ages.

When I move, I will be in year 10, and move in the christmas to be there for the new school year, does that mean I will have to repeat a year?

Also, could someone tell me the school term time?

AND

What is year 10 compared to e.g. 8th Grade...?

Thankx

Lizzie x:cute:

Roughly school terms are late jan- april, april -july, july- sep, oct -mid dec. You get 6 weeks hols over christmas and 2 weeks in between each term.

Depending on when you are 14 you may have to go into yr 9, which I'm assuming you have just finished now. School finishes at yr 12 here, so if you have to go into yr 9 don't think of it as a backward step. You'll be with your own age group. Yr 10s here usually are 15 already or turn 15 during the 1st 6 months of the yr. If you are 14 before Christmas then you will be one of the older ones in the year, but this is no biggie here because the age range in any year group is 9 months.

Just a thought for you, some of the private schools also have performing arts scholarships, that you can audition for.

Rachel

Guest Aussie pat

The scholarships in Adelaide are much more generous than those in the UK. They can even cover 100% of the fees if you're lucky, which is very unusual in the UK.