congrats

Guest Natalie

Guest Natalie

Hi everyone, I want to congratulate you all on a fantastic site!!

I've been a silent viewer for a couple of months and thought it's about time I join the website. :chatterbox: We are due to leave for Adelaide 23rd Sept 2008, thats myself Natalie and my husband Rogier and Rhys (nearly 2 year old son). This site has been a great source of info when planning our move so thanks.

We are going to be staying in CBD for the first couple of months to find our feet and decide where we end up. Can anyone recommend any places to visit that would be great to entertain a 2 year old? Good swimming pools, soft play, nice playgrounds...... anything like that. Not really bothered where as it will get me out and about in the first few weeks to see some suburbs and help us decide where base ourselves.

Can't wait to get to Adelaide.:jiggy:

Natalie

Hi everyone, I want to congratulate you all on a fantastic site!!

I've been a silent viewer for a couple of months and thought it's about time I join the website. :chatterbox: We are due to leave for Adelaide 23rd Sept 2008, thats myself Natalie and my husband Rogier and Rhys (nearly 2 year old son). This site has been a great source of info when planning our move so thanks.

We are going to be staying in CBD for the first couple of months to find our feet and decide where we end up. Can anyone recommend any places to visit that would be great to entertain a 2 year old? Good swimming pools, soft play, nice playgrounds...... anything like that. Not really bothered where as it will get me out and about in the first few weeks to see some suburbs and help us decide where base ourselves.

Can't wait to get to Adelaide.:jiggy:

Natalie

Hello Natalie,

Welcome to PIA - Yes, it is a great site. I have only been here for 6 days now and it has been an absolute lifeline for me. I can't advise you on places for 2 year olds as my kids are all grown up, but there will be lots of PIA people who can. I live in Seacliff and what I have seen of it so far is just great - a lovely bay and a quiet area. My husband lived for 18 years in Hallet Cove and loved it there too. Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Natalie,

I recently recommended the Unley Park Swimming Pool to someone else on PIA. It would be perfect for amusing a 2yo. It is in Ethel St Forestville not far from the Wayville Showgrounds just past the Southern Parklands fringe of the CBD. It has a beautiful toddler pool covered with a big sail. There are various areas to sit as well including a cafe area with a kiosk overlooking the pool and grassy areas under sails to protect him from the sun. Parking is not usually a problem as there is an open carpark (free) just outside.

Hope you enjoy Adelaide.

Hedy