schools

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys

We are due to arrive Nov 7th in Glenelg for a week and then will be nearer the city for 6 weeks until our stuff arrives then we may rent in Seaford from Christmas onwards. But we are not sure what to do about schools? I am also not sure legally if we have to send the children to school almost straight away? What are you guys that are arriving shortly or have arrived doing. We have gone for funished holiday accomodation for 6 weeks and its staggared as we couldnt get one property for 6 weeks.

Any ideas/guidance?:confused::confused:

Scott UK

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Scott,

We arrive Nov 20 and have no intention of sending our kids to school until the new year starts in late Jan. They already have places starting then. If I were you, instead for subjecting them to starting at two new schools I would wait until they can start at Seaford. Most schools in Adelaide start summer hol's mid Dec anyway. I doubt if anyone would bother give you any grief about it given the circumstances. I know it's nice for them to make a few friends before the hol's, but if they are moving schools what is the point?

Where abouts is the 2nd place you are moving too. Schools finish Dec 12 here this year. There are sport clinics and other vacation programmes that run in January, also lifesaving classes at local pools. These would give your kids exposure to other kids over the holidays.Some Primary schools also have vacation care, which you could enquire about if you pick out a school for next year before they break up for Christmas. This would mean they could familiarise themselves with the school layout and maybe meet some friends. If you don't know where you are going to end up then don't bother enrolling them for 4 weeks, it would be different if it was the school they would be going to next year. But see how they feel when you get here, they may end up so ratty,through boredem and familiarity breeding contempt you'll be shipping them off to boarding schools with no holidays!

Guest Chelseadownunder

Thanks Rachie

We will be staying in Forestville for 6 Weeks then probably onto Seaford but dont know yet. Never been to Adelaide before so will sus it out. We would at the end of the day like to live near the sea/beach and think that Seaford is possibly more affordable to do this??

Scott UK

The closest schools to Frewville are Black Forest primary and Goodwood Primary. Seaford is LOL next to the sea, so is port Noarlunga.Check out and compare the prices on www.realestate.com.au.

frewville is very close to the city, lots of tree lined streets, near the tram and a short walk to goodwood Rd where there is a supermarket and lots of small shops like butcher, fruit n veg, bakery, chip shop, post office etc. There is also a library on Goodwood rd. Not far away up Anzac highway there is a Coles supermarket and a Kmart for clothes n stuff like household things.