Hockey playing schools

Guest mantis88

Guest mantis88

Hi everyone. First post so may ramble a little!

My wife and I and 2 daughters 13 and 15 will be arriving as soon as we sell our house . (ha ha).

Will look to live were ever we decide to send the kids to school but as it's imposible to grade the schools accademicaly and it's not worth asking peoples opinions of schools as no parent is gonna say they send their kids to a duff one!

Both the girls are keen to go to a hockey playing school so if anyone knows of a school with a decent educatiolal background and are big on hockey it would help us greatly to narrow our search!

Guest mantis88

Thanks for those replies.

we will look to join a club as I still play and coach myself but which club will again depend on were we choose to live!

We are looking at state schools rather than private.

Cheers

Dave Mac.

Righteo, a quick check of the sasssa site(interschool competitions at secondary level) shows these metro high school field teams in boy, girls and mixed.

Henley high

Adelaide high

glenunga High

brighton High

Aberfoyle Pk

Just a note between 2001 and 2006, henley girls team won the championships each year, last yr they didn't. Probably other schools will have teams too but these are the state high schools that play the knockout teams.

I know linden Pk primary used to have a minkey team and a hockey team, so it is played at a primary level too. I don't know if you have minkey there but it is hockey with modifications for the littlies.

Cheers

Rach

The best public school you could find for hockey would be Henley High School. They have a special sports program where students can focus heavily on their sport of choice. Facilities are good. They are also quite good with academics and have a very large range of subjects.