School Enrolment

Guest LOOBYLOO

Guest LOOBYLOO

We arrive in Aldinga Beach on 1st Dec. Willinga Primary School was recommended on this site. I emailed them last week requesting info. Got an email yesterday from the headmaster saying they had allocated a place for our son. We have to contact him when we arrive to be shown round but I'm impressed already!

Guest LOOBYLOO
That's great, just remember schools break up for the summer on the 12 Dec this year until about 27 Jan.

Thanks Rachel. We've decided not to start Reece until the new term...I think he'll have enough to cope with (he's only 8), but we'll arrange a visit before this term ends to introduce him.

We found the schools really keen to show you around, and prepared to take time to explain thigs to you. Be warned that the kids may be moved back a year (due to the school year starting at a different time!).

We got the kids into school immediately, and found it was the best way for them to settle and make friends.

After starting primary school, the twins went off to camp with their class the 1st week....!!!

Si

Guest LOOBYLOO
We found the schools really keen to show you around, and prepared to take time to explain thigs to you. Be warned that the kids may be moved back a year (due to the school year starting at a different time!).

We got the kids into school immediately, and found it was the best way for them to settle and make friends.

After starting primary school, the twins went off to camp with their class the 1st week....!!!

Si

Hi Si

Thanks for your reply. We are going to leave it until the new year to start him (too much pressure school uniforms etc). If he has to repeat a year I'm hoping the labelling is different so he won't even know!! We will arrange a meet at the school before the term finishes so he's ready to go in 2009.

Guest salisbury massive
Hi Si

Thanks for your reply. We are going to leave it until the new year to start him (too much pressure school uniforms etc). If he has to repeat a year I'm hoping the labelling is different so he won't even know!! We will arrange a meet at the school before the term finishes so he's ready to go in 2009.

Seriously, having him do the last week or so of term wouldn't hurt in the least, he'll be able to make a few friends and get some contacts for the holidays. Its a long 6 weeks if you don't have anyone to play with. i wouldn't worry about the uniform, check the school website and see what they wear and bring a few polo shirts and shorts with you in those colours. Most state schools have logo'd shirts but you can buy normal plain ones as well. Don't worry about pe kit, they just wear the uniform and its a pair of sneakers on his feet. job done. You'll also be amazed at how much you can get done while he is at school and you haven't got to keep entertaining him and dragging him round car yeards, getting driving licences etc etc. The last few weeks of term are not very work orientated anyway, so he'll be having fun and making friends while you do all the hard graft.

Jo

Hi, Would just like to add that my girls attend Willunga Primary and love it. Everyone made them feel welcome and my youngest, who is nine, was given a class buddy to show her around and settle her in and they have remained firm friends.

Good luck :)