Teenagers read this!

Guest Eleanor.R

Guest Eleanor.R

HEY.

just wondered if there were any teens moving to adelaide.

im really excited but my friends are still crying after 4 months of knowing. i love all my friends sooo much and am gonna mis them loads!

My family think we will have a fab time. i feel the same way. id love to visit new places.

i love music and bodyboarding. whats that stufff like out there?

message back

Eleanor

Im not a teenager anymore but my daughter is one (14) and we are moving to Adelaide (Henley) in 4 weeks time ........scary but exciting for all of us. Saying goodbye to friends is hard you know, no matter how old you are. But, these days there is always MSN and texting.

My daugter is really excited about getting there. nervous about school and making friends, but still can't wait. Anyone want to MSN her name is Charlie - pm me for details. Also, anyone interested in showing her round Henley/Wherever I knowe she'd love to meet up.

• 1 month later...

At the moment, fingers are crossed but I won't see Adelaide in its current light for another 5-6 weeks yet (can't remember exactly how far off it is when I visit Adelaide but yeah can't wait to see what it's like now) :skeptical::biglaugh:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest X-Lil-Rach_X

Hey i will have Charlies addy. im 14 n movin 2 Adelaide in april. i am so scared and dno wot its gunna be like. My mum n dad r set on going so there is no going back :D. Could really use sum1 2 talk 2. My names rachel.

Guest graandjac

:biggrinxmas:Hi Rachael, most of the kids/teenagers that we meet have felt the same as you in the beginning, but i promise you when you have made some new friends in the sunshine and started to fing your way around ............you 'll find Adelaide a nice place. Good luck with your move and dont worry:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest tooeasy

Hi Rachel our son didnt want to come here at all 8 months ago and now he loves the place he said the other day he is really glad we brought him here and thanked us :eekxmas:

he has just turned 16 once you have settled in and made some friends you will love it here too im sure :biggrinxmas:

Guest katsmajic

My teens initially refused to come, then told us we were ruining their lives etc by dragging them over here...

Now, 8mths on they love it here, they do talk to old mates in the uk via bebo/msn maybe once a fortnight, but they have loads of friends here and although theyve gone about things the hard way they really are having a ball here.

Guest adenick

Hi Rachel, we are moving to Adelaide early Feb, staying in Glenelg for 3 weeks til we find something more permanent nearby, my 14 year old daughter Casey is excited about going but all her friends are really upset. I will see if she will PM you and anyone else on the site of the same kind of age.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest julieann_p

Hey...

I was like that too, but after a while you become excited and cant wait till you get there!

I cant wait!! We'll be moving in feb of this year cos 1 of my parents got a job in the Lyell McEwin hospital in Elizabeth Vale. I wont know anybody when I go so I'm looking 4 some friends

Guest Lauren-

i moved out here just over a year ago, i didn't start school for 2 months which made it hard because i wasn't meeting that many people, i don't think i've ever been so excited about going to school. the longer you're here it may be different with other people but i've found that the people you least expect to, keep in touch and the people you expect to, don't. i don't talk to any of my best freinds from the UK anymore not by choice just for the fact they're "too busy" or doing other stuff. but you make new friends and starting a fresh and moving here was the best thing thats happend to me, i've got a job lookin' forward to gettin' my L's got some really nice friends, the only reason i'd go back to england is my family. they're the only thing i miss. i wouldn't ove back now. australia's wayyyy better :)

if there is anything anyones unsure about though, seriously. you have to think positive.

x

Hiya, This is a post by Azzer Antwell in another thread on here:

'Hey Im 18 Years old Called Aaron, Was just wondering what sort of things there are doing over there for some one my age, also where the hell do i go to meet friends. when i get there i may not be going to school or college and just worried were would i go to find friends. were not going for another year or so, as soon i we can i hope.

My Dads in the building trade and step mother is a Metal health nurse, they think its a fantastic opputunity to move to adelaide. I up for it tottally englands not to great bores me i need some excitment and new friends.

I have 2 brothers Kieron(20) and Leon(15) and 1 sister Nicole(16) and 2 step sisters Sam (18) and Becci(16)

Im living in england near bristol down in somerset if theres any of u moving down here id like to chat abit please reply to post or send me some mail.

like to hear from you all '

Just thought maybe some of you might like to get in touch with him. Or if ur younger (which it seems most are) maybe ask about getting in touch with his brothers or sisters??

• 4 months later...
Guest willow1234
My teens initially refused to come, then told us we were ruining their lives etc by dragging them over here...

Now, 8mths on they love it here, they do talk to old mates in the uk via bebo/msn maybe once a fortnight, but they have loads of friends here and although theyve gone about things the hard way they really are having a ball here.

hi there which school do your children go too,sorry im a newbie weve been lookin at seaford too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katsmajic

Sorry i didnt see this initially...my teens were in Seaford 6-12 - its a good school, well i rate it! my teens have left now but they got loads of support and did enjoy their time there.

My littlies are at Moana k-7 primary, they love it there - and i would recommend it.

hi there which school do your children go too,sorry im a newbie weve been lookin at seaford too

Guest the dobsons

hi everyone

my names adam im 17 and my brother jordan is 16 we have been here 8 weeks and would love to meet some new people we live at tennyson near henley beach

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clarkeys

Hi ya guys, im the mum!! My kids are 18 (adamant not coming), 16 (got a girlfriend and thinks not coming!), 14 and is sort of looking forward to it and 8. Where are you moving too?? Are there any particular areas that are particularly good for families?? Not too quiet!!

Thanks

Rainy