Guest Hollie.R

Guest Hollie.R

Hey guys, my name is Hollie and i'm 16 years old :)

i have a difficult situation that i need to sort out. i was wondering if anyone could help me?

okay.. I live with my mum and 2 sisters, but recently my dad dropped the bomb shell we was moving to Australia, i was very upset at first as he does not live with us. although he then said he will pay for me and my younger sister to come over and live with him... the thing is I dont want to leave my mum and older sister, but then i can't leave my dad and my younger sister..

is there anyone in my possition, or has been? and had to leave one of their parents?

please let me know!!

get back to me as soon as you can, thankyou guys x x x

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi Hollie,

My step daughter (Rebecca)n is 16 - she has lived with me and her Dad since the age of 5 and along with her 2 younger brothers is moving out to Australia next summer. This means that she is leaving her Mother and sister behind.

I can't tell you how she genuinely feels, but I will ask her to PM you when she comes in from work with her thoughts and views.

Sharron x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marshall

i have a difficult situation that i need to sort out. i was wondering if anyone could help me?

okay.. I live with my mum and 2 sisters, but recently my dad dropped the bomb shell we was moving to Australia, i was very upset at first as he does not live with us. although he then said he will pay for me and my younger sister to come over and live with him... the thing is I dont want to leave my mum and older sister, but then i can't leave my dad and my younger sister..

is there anyone in my possition, or has been? and had to leave one of their parents?

please let me know!!

Well actually im in a similar situation. I moved over here with my Dad about 4 weeks ago and my mom and sister are still in England. Of course i really miss them but i see them almost daily on webcam and frequent texts etc. I always think well im gonna see them 50days and its not the end of the world but its still sad. Hope this helps :)

Marshall

• 1 month later...

please let me know!!

How is all of that going for you. If you need a hand then PM me :).... im 17 from hallett cove

Guest JasmineRox

please let me know!!

I know visit your dad in the holidays because my friend has the same prob:emoticon-signxmas:

• 7 months later...
Guest wifey

hello guys my daughter is 11 and we are planning to move to mount Barker...But she is confused about leaving her dad and her brother.....can anyone who has been in this situation help to reassure her its not the end of the world.......

thanks.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi guys

I am not in your situation but wanted to add my thoughts. Moving to Australia is huge, it's great fun too, but nobody can prepare you for how you will feel. I miss my family immensely and I am 35 and my brothers and sisters are all grown up with children of their own!

What I will say is that, yes it is VERY difficult at first, BUT it does get easier with time and skype, email and the cheap phone calls to the UK make it all the more easier to cope with.

I wish you all the very best of luck with your journey's, I am sure you will love it here and you will adapt to missing loved ones, you just have to give it time guys. Just don't underestimate your emotions, they will be upside down for a little while!

You can, of course, always find great help and support on here, so keep posting!!

Best wishes

Mandy

• 3 weeks later...