• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Port Noarlunga and schools

Staffordshire to Seaford Rise
      144 times
      Quote Originally Posted by css View Post
      Hi,we are just waiting for our house to sell and are hoping to move to move to Port Noarlunga.We have a daughter 8 and 2 sons age 5 and 2.My husband is an electrician.I was just wondering how things worked out for you and if you are still living there.How are the school and how did things work out with the secondary school ? Hope you can shed some light on the area for us. Sorry about all the questions but we are so close now im starting to panic,thanks Clare
      Hi Clare,

Our eldest son is 5 and has recently started at Port Noarlunga Primary school. He is very happy there already and his confidence is visibly growing with every day. Our youngest has just started the kindy next door to the school, and that too is very good.

We went to see the head at the school when we arrived here in August, and she was so helpful and attentive. She spent an hour showing us around and discussing the school. We were very impressed, and more importantly, so was our son. Another plus was that they dont have a catchment area. We wanted to live in Seaford (which is a 5 minute drive away). The only possible negative for us was that the school is set to undergo a lot of necessary refurbishment work next year, the government has invested millions to improve facilities. We are a little concerned how this will impact on the children during the next academic year.

As for the area, it depends what you want from life. Noarlunga is beautiful and has so much to offer. We love the area, everything we need is within 5 minutes. It has a different feel down south, compared to the city, in my opinion. I love the city/Glenelg etc... I follow Adelaide United at all their home games, but as for somewhere to live, you can't beat the Noarlunga/Seaford area. Especially having young kids.

I am sure that others will have their own different opinions.
      All the best.
      Sarah, 48(RMN). Paul, 47 (Teacher). Ethan, 10. Calum, 8
      Arrived 20/08/2011

62 times
      Thankyou for replying,your reply has put my mind at ease and im glad to hear your children has settled.Cant wait to get out there now.So frustrating just sitting here aiting for someone to buy our house Thanks again Clare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums