HI moving to Adelaide bit scared

Guest Farrows

Guest Farrows

hello my name is Alfie and we are moving to Adelaide in aug and I am scared I won't make any new friends and don't want to leave my old friends!

I am 7 will be 8 when move and love football - Liverpool I play for a team on Sat mornings and train every week - is there football teams in Adelaide- i also love star wars, my ds and my wii.

Is there anyone in Adelaide who plays football or who would like to chat and make friends - I also have a little brother Charlie who is 4.

Be great to hear from anyone.

Thanks

Alfie:unsure:

Guest Andrew&Ren

Im sure you will make lots of friends in Aus...as you can probably see its mainly adults on here!

We are moving and we have no friends either! But i hear that everyone is very friendly.....

Guest panther
hello my name is Alfie and we are moving to Adelaide in aug and I am scared I won't make any new friends and don't want to leave my old friends!

I am 7 will be 8 when move and love football - Liverpool I play for a team on Sat mornings and train every week - is there football teams in Adelaide- i also love star wars, my ds and my wii.

Is there anyone in Adelaide who plays football or who would like to chat and make friends - I also have a little brother Charlie who is 4.

Be great to hear from anyone.

Thanks

Alfie:unsure:

Dont worry mate sport of all types is available here and no doubt you will fit in at school where there is a large number of team based sports played.

Think about Aussie Rules or Cricket and do we need a few good players now after South Africa belted Australia. There is Little athletics in all areas of South Australia which your parents could take you to, Swimming, surf lifesaving clubs all the way down the coast. there is plenty of sport available in south australi

Panther

Guest Andy Woollett

Hi Alfie, my name is Lewis and i will be 8 in April. I've only been in Adelaide for 2 months. I love football, I'm from the NE of England and support Newcastle but my dad is from Reading originally. I love loads of other sports as well as Star Wars, and playing on my ds ! I started school last week and am now starting to make new friends. I am joining a local football club and there are loads of them around. I keep in touch with friends and family on the internet and webcam, and it's really great here, best wishes, Lewis

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi Alfie

I am not in Australia but we might be going next year. I am scared as well in making new friends. I like football as well and also play in a team on a saturday. I like star wars and clone wars and playing star wars on my ds. Who is your favourite character? Mine is Master Yoda.

from Morgan (age 10)

Guest Farrows
Hi Alfie

I am not in Australia but we might be going next year. I am scared as well in making new friends. I like football as well and also play in a team on a saturday. I like star wars and clone wars and playing star wars on my ds. Who is your favourite character? Mine is Master Yoda.

from Morgan (age 10)

Hi Morgan

We are going on 9th Sep flights booked now!!! My fave star wars character is Count Dooku. I am going to miss the snow!!

Alfie

Guest Andy Woollett

Hi Alfie

We live South of the city, not far from the beach. I really like my school - it's very near the coast and i cycle 2 miles ( 4km) everyday with my mum. We've just had a heatwave (46 degrees) but it's cooler now. I love the beach and go swimming and bodyboarding - and I'm going to Surf Lifesaving classes at Easter. My favourite Star Wars character is Luke Skywalker. if you would like when you arrive in September to Adelaide we could meet up and I could tell you more.

best wishes Lewis

Guest jpr parker

hi alfie im remmi im 13 and im in year 8 im mooving in may to henley beach lol so realy exited im scared 2 but u will make friends as soon as you get there dont woory hun xxkk xx

My wee boy will be 8 in June, and he loves liverpool too. Came over with his strip and everything on the plane. Lots for kids to do, and schools here will get you involved with the sports right away. He also has ds and wii, and plays them whenever he is inside (noy very often since we been here). We've been here 18 months now, and the kids love it!!!

Hi alfie, my name is adam and i have abrother who is 6. I am 8. We go in march and would like to keep intouch. Dont worry it will be fab. This is my mums website, She has let me type this to you

Guest Farrows
Hi alfie, my name is adam and i have abrother who is 6. I am 8. We go in march and would like to keep intouch. Dont worry it will be fab. This is my mums website, She has let me type this to you

Hi Adam, would be good to keep in touch , where are you going in Adelaide? I have a little brother too he is 4! I am now saving for a surf or body board!!

Where are you moving from?

Alfie

hi alfie

we will be renting at first. then looking for houses. i have an ds,psp,ps3,x box 360 and wii. i love computors. we live in melling in liverpool, my mum is a nurse in an intensive care unit. i will ove playing outside more with my brother and going to the beaches. were will you be staying. its a big adventure for all of us, adam age 8 ...... i go to cubs and footy on thurs i like goaly and i like swiming lessons

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sauvignon

Hi Alfie

We have been in Adelaide for 6 months now. I miss friends but love it here. I think you would get on well with my son Jamie,he is 7 soon to be 8. Loves Wii,PSP,DS,PStation.Has all the Star wars things. He does cricket here,and when that finishes he will do the soccer(English Football). He is fitting in very well, I think boys do, they meet people easier. If you want to get in contact with Jamie let me know. We live in the Blackwood area. Don`t be scared of moving it will be a big adventure and so much more fun playing football in the nice weather than pouring rain.

Hi Alfie

We came over 7 months ago, just as the Aussie junior soccer season finished.

My 11 year old (Scott) has had to put-up with the close-season over here, but we put him into a private coaching clinic (premier football academy www.pfaasa.com ) and he has really enjoyed himself.

We are all big Liverpool fans, and have also started going to Adelaide United games regularly.

Now as the junior season is starting, there is lots of football being played.

There are lots of clubs and the facilities are much better than the UK.

Scott has signed for a club called Adelaide City, his school and a local zone team. He has 3 games this week, as well as his private academy. He is loving training and playing in the warmer weather too.

He is also going on a soccer trip to Melbourne at Easter for 2 days, and a tournament in Mount Gambier in June.!

You will really enjoy it too.

Si

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Farrows
Hi Alfie

We have been in Adelaide for 6 months now. I miss friends but love it here. I think you would get on well with my son Jamie,he is 7 soon to be 8. Loves Wii,PSP,DS,PStation.Has all the Star wars things. He does cricket here,and when that finishes he will do the soccer(English Football). He is fitting in very well, I think boys do, they meet people easier. If you want to get in contact with Jamie let me know. We live in the Blackwood area. Don`t be scared of moving it will be a big adventure and so much more fun playing football in the nice weather than pouring rain.

Hi this is Becki Alfie's mum thanks very much for the nice reply. Alfie would love to speak to Jamie and hope you don't mind but sent you pm. Thanks Becki