Forum safety

Rachiegarlo

Hello all you young forum posters,

just some reminders......

Don't post personal details like phone numbers, addresses, email addresses.

It is safer to PM contact details such as just your home phone number and then when you and your parents have established that people are who they say they are you can give out more info like your msn, mobile nos. etc.

This forum can and is accessed by nonmembers who can read what gets posted here and some of these people may be paedophiles or other warped headcases.:policeman:

Always check with your parents first.

Thanks

Rachel

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Thanks for putting it in here Rachel, it is one thing on here that really wories me. It does not take too long to piece togather a family on here.

My name is ..... i am .. yrs old. I have a brother called... and a sister called .... and we go to ...school and live in .....

There are some sick people out there and they know EXACTLY how to read these forums, and this one seems to get enough of the other type of annoying posters.

So come on parents, keep an eye on your kids in this section of the forum.

Guest Aussie pat

My 12 yo daughter's school has just sent home a note pointing out that it is often difficult to permanently erase what you post on the internet. Apparently some employers now trawl the internet for info on potential employees. They warned us that what the kids post now may come back to bite them in years to come. It's really quite disturbing and makes you think.

• 5 months later...