Missing friends,love to meet a new best friend

Guest sauvignon

Guest sauvignon

Writing this for my daughter Georgia who is 10,she would probably die of embarresment if she knew I was doing this. I will tell her if anyone nice writes I promise.

Anyhow been in Adelaide for 6 months in the Blackwood area,and settling well enough. I have a boy of 7 and Georgia 10. Jamie has settled well and seems to have met a nice group of friends but Georgia is missing her friends back in the Uk a lot. Hard age to move. She has met lots of nice friends here,but really wants to find someone that bonds with her better. To describe Georgia,I think,and I would as I am her mother. Say she is a lovely sweet girl,bit of a thinker not a loud person,though does like a giggle and a laugh and to be cheeky/cute like all the other little people. She describes her self as a tom boy(which i disagree with)not a girlie girl. Loves reading,art and is good at swimming. She is not the most sporty,I think the competition scares her,but when she does it she is as good as the rest. Just getting into clothes and music. Average build,good height,blue eyes and long fair hair.(Not sure if this is important or not). Anyhow anyone else soon to come to Adelaide or who is here and looking for more friends. Get in touch and I will put you in touch with Georgia. :o

Guest mlissiman

Hi!

Must admit that this is the first time I've written on here, but here goes.

We moved to Adelaide 7 months ago as a family and have (in the last two weeks) moved to Blackwood too. Not too sure if I can help, but we have two boys. Josh is 12 and Ryan is 9 (10 in November). Ryan seems to have the same sort of characteristics as Georgia, but not too sure how Georgia would feel about have friends that are boys.

Just thought I'd drop you a line as we are both in the same area.

Guest sauvignon

Hi, thought of boys scares her,but secretly I know she enjoys there company. Do you want to meet somewhere there is no pressure on them,or we can meet first and see what we think. Thanks for replying, my first time doing a post in Adelaide also. Hope you are settling in.

Guest mlissiman

LOL! Ryan is pretty tame/shy so I'm hoping he won't scare her too much.

Meeting up sounds great. I work full-time, so weekends are better for me. I'd be happy to meet either for a coffee or, if you prefer the kids to be around, then we could meet at a local park.

Let me know.

Hi my daughter is about the same age as your's she's 10 and is also a little bit of a Tom Boy (wouldn't be seen dead in a dress) although she enjoy's dressing up for ice-skating which she has got really into in the Australia, there was no where near us that did this in the Uk, anyway we go ice-skating at thebarton most weekend so if your daughter ever want to meet up PM me, my daughter also misses her friends in England she was emailing them this evening she gets really cross when people put England down she was happy there but she also enjoys her life here.

Julie

• 2 months later...
Guest June Pixie

Hi there,

My daughter is desperate to speak to someone who is already living in Adelaide to find out about what the schools are like and where you can go horse riding and play out etc - She is a little older at 12 and she has a younger brother who is 7. We are coming to Adelaide next summer and I think having a pen pal (so to speak) would be helpful for her too.

Please let me know if Georgia would like to exchange the odd email with her and I can pass on the email address.

Best wishes.

June

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi there

My daughter, Amber, is 11. We live in Coromandel Valley and Amber goes to Blackwood Primary School. Amber is also not sporty, she hates anything physical!! She loves to sing and dance, adores Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus (she assures me they are NOT the same!) We have been here for 3 months and she has made a couple of friends at school, but doesnt spend much time with people out of school.

Amber can be quite old headed most of the time, but she is a sensible girl, who is academic. She likes to sing on the Wii to her favourite Disney game including High School Musical and Hannah of course!!

If you think Georgia would get along with Amber, please send me a pm. I am more than happy for you to come around and meet us for a coffee and a chat.

Mandy

Thats interesting my eldest daughter does horse riding at a riding school in the hills called Temple-wood she has just turned 13 and really loves it she's really getting into it unfortunately its not cheap at $47 plus hat for 1 1/4 hours but she's not interested in much else unless you call reading the twilight series she's read all 4 books in 3 weeks, she's made lots of friends here they are very tactile her friends always hugging and fiddling with each others hair don't quite remember her friends being like that in England, she goes to Golden Grove High School she is really happy there the main disadvantage for her is not learning french she picked it up really well in England and they don't teach it in this school they teach Spanish and Japanese, she has chosen Spanish and seems to be picking that up quite well, she is always off on trips out with the school she is off to Adelaide zoo tomorrow, jammy.

If your daughter wants to pen pal with any of my daughters PM me.

Julie