Adelaide Hills Schooling

Guest spannaelephant

Guest spannaelephant

Hi,

We have been looking to buy a house in Mount Barker, and my son is turning 5 at the beginning of April, so I hope will be able to start school after Easter.......I have heard the primary schooling at Stirling East and Aldgate are good, but believe they are now zoned, but not really sure of the primary schools near Mount Barker? Does anyone have any ideas or heard things good or bad?

Yours hopefully :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Guest driversara@hotmail.com

Hi,

We recently visited Mount Barker Primary on our recent rec. visit (can't sell our house so need to come to activate our visas!). They were really friendly and showed us round on the spot. They also gave us lots of info. to take away. The class sizes are smaller for juniors than here which is good I suppose. We got a really good feel for it and would look to enroll our kids if we ever managed to get there. We are also looking at Mount Barker. What do you think of it?

Guest driversara@hotmail.com

Hi Emma,

I take it you live in Mount Barker. How are you finding it? We really liked it on our visit and were looking at buying on Bluestone. Do you work in the area? I would apprecitate any insight you could give us.

Thanks.

Hi Emma,

I take it you live in Mount Barker. How are you finding it? We really liked it on our visit and were looking at buying on Bluestone. Do you work in the area? I would apprecitate any insight you could give us.

Thanks.

We have lived here since January and love it. Have PM'ed you with some info

Emma x

• 4 months later...
We have lived here since January and love it. Have PM'ed you with some info

Emma x

Hi there Emma. Sorry to push in on this thread, but we found your thread after searching 'Mount Barker schools'. We are currently in Adelaide and hoping to rent (initially, then buy) in Mount Barker. From what we have seen on our visits, it's seems really nice, but would love to have some insight from someone who is actually living there.

We have a 6 year old daughter who we need to find a school for, and the email contact we've had from Mount Barker schools so far is positive.

So, hope you don't mind, but your insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Sue and Graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest kazalib@aol.com

Hi evryone,

Does anyone know of a good High School in the Adelaide Hills Area. We are moving to that area in July 2010 from the UK. We have a 13 year old boy who loves Soccer and all sports. Love to get him into a school with good sporting facilities.

Many thanks

Karen