Where to buy school uniform? And info on Brighton Primary would be good :-)

jo_marnes

Hi everyone,

Aaron is starting at Brighton Primary after Easter. I have been looking at the uniform list and have been horrified by the prices! haha :biglaugh:

They said I can buy the uniform from anywhere so long as the colours are right. So far I've not had much luck. The polo tops are yellow (gold) or black. All I have found are the yellow ones in Kmart but they have all been big sizes - I need it for age 5/6. Also not 100% on what shorts/ trousers to buy? All I have found is jogging bottoms in black and it seems wrong to send him to school in such casual clothes. Do they not do black trousers like in the UK? You know - just a bit more tailored?

Anyone know where I can get what he needs at a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Jo xxx

Big W and Target are good for Polo Shirts. Buy him the trackies ( jogging bottoms) cos thats what all the other kids will be wearing. Also shorts will be of the knit cotton variety, again try Big W and Target. Primary school uniform IS casual, they don't change for PE. No other boy will be wearing black "school trousers". Only schools that do at this age are private schools, which retain the more formal uniform.

Best and less is in Marion Shopping centre. Most of the school sruff will be aimed at winter, but you should be able to find polos somewhere. Also try Harris Scarfe in town, they used to have a pretty big school section. The one at Marion carries not much.

Although you think the school shop costs are pricey, the polo shirts might actually be a better buy from the shop. The ones they sell at the school shops are usually good quality and last for ages, several years in fact. The ones from Best and Less, Big W are ok though. It is wiorth getting the trackies cheaply though as your son will be growing quickly and although long polos are totally acceptable, long trackies are not.

• 2 weeks later...

The polo tops, track pants, jumpers and shorts are of a much better quality at the school uniform shop. They will last for years whereas what you buy in Big W, Target, Best and Less and K Mart are cheap and not very cheerful as they will start to look shabby after a few washes and will ball and pill with continued machine washing. It's false economy but Westfield shopping centre at Marion contains all those stores and will possibly do a store search for you if they do not have what you want in stock.:idea: