Sheidow Park Primary schools - Any info??

cint&mark

HI - does anyone know anything about Catholic Primary schools around the Sheidow Park area? We've just got a rental there for when we emigrate at the end of August but we don't know anything about the schools... I have found one school - St Martin de Porres, but there isn't a school website as such to find any more info on it - does anyone have any experience of it or know if it's any good?? My daughter will be 5 this June, so will be doing a reception yr again. Also would you advise that we get her in a school as soon as we get there, or should we give her a few weeks to settle first? Also when does the nearest term to Sept start?? Is it Oct? Too many questions i know!!:wacko: Thanks, Jacinta

Yep I would advise getting her into school as soon as possible( after a few days to recover of course). If she has been at school already then that is something she knows about. She will meet possible new friends and is one fewer little people to keep entertained while you go around and do all the boring stuff.

term 4 starts 12 October. Term 3 ends 24thish September. Holidays are 2 weeks long.

Yep I would advise getting her into school as soon as possible( after a few days to recover of course). If she has been at school already then that is something she knows about. She will meet possible new friends and is one fewer little people to keep entertained while you go around and do all the boring stuff.

term 4 starts 12 October. Term 3 ends 24thish September. Holidays are 2 weeks long.

Thanks for that... yep that was my thinking too - get her in there... but couldn't decide if that would just be for my benefit [which it DEFINITELY WOULD!!!:D] or for hers too !! You've made me feel better [and less guilty about doing it now!].

Guest DianeJ
Thanks for that Diane - Might bump into you there then come Sept!! [i'll be the scruffy haggered mum who just seems out of place...oh and is usually VERY late:biglaugh:]

Hi Jacinta,

Luckily on the school run there are no traffic lights, because we really do leave at the last minute!

Diane