Can anyone recommend day care/kindys and/or primary schools in West Lakes?

Guest Curry Lover

Guest Curry Lover

We are currently renting in the Sturt area but have found a house we are interested in buying in West Lakes. My 2 year old son has settled well into day care here and I'm reluctant to move him again but we need to move further North as my husband works in Salisbury and currently has a heck of a commute each day. Is anyone familiar with the West Lakes area? Any recommendations on day care/kindys around there? And thinking further ahead, any recommendations on good primary schools? Would welcome any advice (good, bad or indifferent) on schools or just on the area in general. Many thanks in advance!

Guest Aussie pat

Laura Girling was living at West Lakes with her family. She hasn't posted for a while but you might like to try pm'ing her for advice from someone who's lived in the area.

Guest salisbury massive

You'd be pretty happy with West Lakes Primary. My daughters Principal just moved there from Modbury West and was very happy with the move.

I love West Lakes, its got great public transport, is close to the beaches has great shopping centre and Port Canal is just down the road. Its next door to the footy which is top of my list and I really love the way West Lakes has been designed and built.

http://www.echildcare.com.au/west-lakes-shore-1/ Day care

http://www.westlakes.sa.edu.au/index2.html Primary School

Jo

• 6 months later...
We are currently renting in the Sturt area but have found a house we are interested in buying in West Lakes. My 2 year old son has settled well into day care here and I'm reluctant to move him again but we need to move further North as my husband works in Salisbury and currently has a heck of a commute each day. Is anyone familiar with the West Lakes area? Any recommendations on day care/kindys around there? And thinking further ahead, any recommendations on good primary schools? Would welcome any advice (good, bad or indifferent) on schools or just on the area in general. Many thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I have just sorted out my password on here so sorry for the long delay.

My children all go to Portside christian school this ranges in age of 3 untill 18 years. a really good school.

Laura xxx

Guest dalyrere

Hi there

My son went to the West Lakes Kindergarten (although 5 years ago) and it was lovely. Facilities and teachers were great. I know some with kids there now and have same opinion.

Good luck!