help remmi (13)

Guest jpr parker

Guest jpr parker

Hi im remmi and im 13 im going to be attending henley beach high school but last year i was realy exited:o weve got our visas and our medicals are done house now up for sale but closer the time comes the more i dont want to go :wideeyed:because thinck of the first day of school no 1 2 go to at dinner or walk to school with its going to be awfull and iv just started teaching todlers dance class and iv become verry close to my friends xx help:unsure:

Of course it is a big worry, but you know there is a lot to be involved with too. There is a dance school which holds classes after school at Henley high. It's vaganova method, just classical. Also if you are really into dance you can audition for the Australian classical youth ballet which rehearses on Sundays and has 2 shows a year. Then there might be sport or other things that you may not have tried yet. It sounds like the unknown that is bothering you. I'm sure it will all fall into place, it is hard being new but you may be pleasantly surprised.

Guest jpr parker

thancks alot i stoped doing ballet last year and im now into disco and street do they do that type of dancing i now teach under 10s disco street and rock and roll so im pretty advances but im not being big headed lol x

Hi Remmi,

I'm old so probably not who you wanted to reply lol BUT I work in a high school so maybe I can help a bit?

I've seen a fair few kids start and they are immediately the focus of attention! They can seem kinda exciting because no-one knows who they are or what they're like or whether they could be the coolest person ever...:cool: That'll be your chance to get to know some of the people round you; just enjoy it!

In addition to that, I'm sure your new school will get someone to buddy up with you for the first few days at least....so you won't need to worry where rooms are or what you're allowed or expected to do etc because you'll have someone to help you. It's a lot easier doing it than thinking about it!

Your friends will still be your friends, just via MSN or Facebook or whatever! You can still 'talk' to them and I'm sure they'll help you get through....and I bet lots of them will wish they could come over and be here too!

I'm sure most people start to worry as the moving day becomes closer, just try to remember all the things that made you feel excited last year.

:wubclub: LC