Seaford Rangers

csobrien1966

Guest Husky

It's a smashing little club....my son has played for them for a few years. No pressure to win at all costs...emphasis on working as a team, developing skills and having a good time.

• 2 months later...

Hi, we're in the process and we've booked to visit Oct/Nov. My son will be 13 in August and currently plays for a team in the North East of England. Do you know of any teams looking for players in or around Christies Beach area (we'll be hiring a car). Maybe a team would let him come along for a training session when we visit just to meet the lads and see what it's all about. He and his brother are quite reluctant about the move, although the eldest is slowly coming round to it. Perhaps spending a bit of time with some other boys would help them along. His brother will be 11 when we come out but has just packed in his football club - hopefully he will get back into it in Oz! Anyone who can help, please get in touch. Thanks

Hi Linda

yoh will be coming over just after the trials. Teams often have spare places after trials and initial and initial registration. I don't know of any team that will hold a space open without seeing your sons play, unless they are of an exceptionally good level.

I am pretty certain you will be ok, BUT there are less clubs that far south, you may actually find Seaford is the only club that you may think is close enough.

Hi Adelaidenow, thanks for your reply. As I said we are just coming on a reccie visit Oct/Nov so would not be expecting any team to hold a space. It would be more of an exercise in showing my sons there are football clubs in Oz and what they could possibly be part of it in the future. At the moment they are reluctant about moving and making new friends, so perhaps maybe watching/joining in a training session when we are over on holiday would help convince them it is the right move. I know as a mum on the sideline I'd much rather support his team in the sun than the rain! lol Hope we can sort something out nearer the time. Thanks

• 3 months later...
BUT there are less clubs that far south, you may actually find Seaford is the only club that you may think is close enough.

Eh?????

Surely South Adelaide Panthers are much closer than Seaford. Noarlunga United and Cove will be 10-15 minutes away.

Hi, we're in the process and we've booked to visit Oct/Nov. My son will be 13 in August and currently plays for a team in the North East of England. Do you know of any teams looking for players in or around Christies Beach area (we'll be hiring a car). Maybe a team would let him come along for a training session when we visit just to meet the lads and see what it's all about. He and his brother are quite reluctant about the move, although the eldest is slowly coming round to it. Perhaps spending a bit of time with some other boys would help them along. His brother will be 11 when we come out but has just packed in his football club - hopefully he will get back into it in Oz! Anyone who can help, please get in touch. Thanks

HI Linda, unfortunately you are visiting during the off season for football here. The 2014 season has just finished and most of the trials are happening over next couple of weeks. Training for the new season 2015 wont be starting till early next year now.