can grandad come too?

Guest coznrik

Guest coznrik

Hi, myself my husband and son joe are coming over to oz next year to visit and hopefully either gain a sponsorship or migrate on a 175 visa. Does anyone know if we would be able to bring my grandad with us. He has no family here only ourselves. He is 80 years old and would have the value of his property to bring over with him. He is in fairly good health for his age. If anyone could help or advise it would be much appreciated. Thank-you :D

Guest Roo1

Hi Coznrik,

I'm no expert on this (thats Gollywobble on here :notworthy:) but he may be able to get an Aged Parent Visa but I think you will have to have PR here in Aus for 2 years before he can apply.

My parents have moved across on a Contributary Parent visa. I have an interview with Immi on Monday as i'm their sponsor. On this visa they have to put forward their own money, I have to show that I can support them if the worst comes to the worst, we've had to pass the balance of family rule, medicals and police checks for them and I've had to have lived here for 2 years as a PR.

Best of luck with your move and i hope all works out for you

Judi xxx

Guest coznrik
Hi Coznrik,

I'm no expert on this (thats Gollywobble on here :notworthy:) but he may be able to get an Aged Parent Visa but I think you will have to have PR here in Aus for 2 years before he can apply.

My parents have moved across on a Contributary Parent visa. I have an interview with Immi on Monday as i'm their sponsor. On this visa they have to put forward their own money, I have to show that I can support them if the worst comes to the worst, we've had to pass the balance of family rule, medicals and police checks for them and I've had to have lived here for 2 years as a PR.

Best of luck with your move and i hope all works out for you

Judi xxx

thanks judi. To be honest i am disapointed to here that but i can understand the reasons why. I was hoping that if we do decide to make the move we could decend down under together as he would have no one left here if we made the move without him. Thank you for taking the time to post xx

Guest back clan

You could always give go matilda a ring.

We used them as our agent and they were brilliant as our was not a straight forward visa.

I am sure they will give you an answer. Go onto http://www.gomatilda.com for their details.

Marina was excellent help

Good luck

Guest lynne

you can put him on your visa if you can prove he lives with you and is an aged dependent. (I think its called the family test. Also you have to prove there is no one in UK to look after him in the UK. Hence if he has other children who can look after him than he would not fill that criteria. Unless there is only one family member in the UK and than he would fill the criteria.

We applied for a permanent visa and added grandad onto ours - no problem. The only problem we had is when grandad went for a medical he told the Dr he had several scopes which were normal e.g sigmoidoscopy and endoscopy. So we have to provide evidence that these were normal. So only tell the doctor if you have a diagnosed condition and not all the conditions you have been investigated.

On the form you have to say how much how much grandad has and also write his pension allowance. I believe his pension will be frozen at the rate it is when he leaves the UK

We validated our visa last year and grandad was 86 years old. He travelled well and we have a 12 hour stop over in Singopore where he had a sleep in the transit hotel.

Guest Roo1

Thats great news for Coznrik! I hadn't heard about doing the visa this way.

Sorry guys if I caused you any disappointment. Ringing an agent is probably the best way to find out the facts.

Good luck and let us know what the outcome is.

Cheers

Judi x