document certification necessary for e-attachment?

Guest zaza

Guest zaza

Hello,

I am currently waiting for SA sponsorship for 475 and in the meanwhile starting to collect documents for DIAC application.

According to the document check list on DIAC website, it states that the documents needs to be certified. It also says that secure documents with large clip and place in envelope and stuff so it's obviously for paper applicaion. Does anyone know if certification is necessary for e-attaching documents too?

I spoke to a DIAC representative from Australian embassy at one of the immigration fares before, and she mentioned that certification was not necessary for documents that are to be attached electronically. Not to say I don't trust her but I am slightly worried since I can't find any statement as such on DIAC website. On the other hand, it seems pretty silly to have originals certified just so that they can be scanned...

Can anyone please confirm this?

Thanks!

Guest raahulraana

Original Colour scanned documents need not to be scanned. If u r attaching black n white copies then they need to be certified, i hope it helps. Gud luck

Guest covfan71
Hello,

I am currently waiting for SA sponsorship for 475 and in the meanwhile starting to collect documents for DIAC application.

According to the document check list on DIAC website, it states that the documents needs to be certified. It also says that secure documents with large clip and place in envelope and stuff so it's obviously for paper applicaion. Does anyone know if certification is necessary for e-attaching documents too?

I spoke to a DIAC representative from Australian embassy at one of the immigration fares before, and she mentioned that certification was not necessary for documents that are to be attached electronically. Not to say I don't trust her but I am slightly worried since I can't find any statement as such on DIAC website. On the other hand, it seems pretty silly to have originals certified just so that they can be scanned...

Can anyone please confirm this?

Thanks!

Hi, we are kust sorting our documentation out now. We are sending all our stuff electronically. If you do this and do it in colour then you do not need to get them certified. If you send scanned photocopies then they do.

Guest familygood

We colour scanned all of our documents and uploaded them electronically and we didnt have any of them certified. Its a bit of a faff getting them all the right size but there is helpful info on that on the websote. Good luck!!