Oaklands Park OAA

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad

Hi,

We have been allocated out OAA at Oaklands Park, it is on Doreen Street.

From my reading on here etc I take this to be quite a good area? The house is about 1/2 mile from Oaklands Park train station. Are there frequent trains into the city?

Any advice welcome! Let me know what else is nearby etc.

Also how long would it take to travel to Northern suburbs like Wingfield or Cavan, E is a welder and his work could be up there.

Thanks!!

Hey!

We live in OaklandsPark about 2 mins from Doreen Street and have been here a year...we have just renewed out lease for another year as we love it in the area.

Trains run every 20mins to the city until midnight!! The local pub is the Warradale Hotel which is good...and you are only 10mins walk away from Marion shopping centre which is big with cinema etc.

Also good transport bus's to Glenelg and pretty much most places...

We love living in Oaklands Park...

Feel free to pop round for a beer when u arrive!

Dan

Guest brandyslad
Hey!

We live in OaklandsPark about 2 mins from Doreen Street and have been here a year...we have just renewed out lease for another year as we love it in the area.

Trains run every 20mins to the city until midnight!! The local pub is the Warradale Hotel which is good...and you are only 10mins walk away from Marion shopping centre which is big with cinema etc.

Also goodbue transport bus's to Glenelg and pretty much most places...

We love living in Oaklands Park...

Feel free to pop round for a beer when u arrive!

Just what I wanted to hear, sounds great especially the public transport bit of things and we will take you up on that beer!

Yay! Doreen Street!

We stayed at number 22 when we arrived...we were pretty shocked at how stark the interior was - no tv (:swoon:)!- but it had three double bedrooms, the usual rooms plus a washing machine (which we were told we were lucky to get, but perhaps they all have them now?) and a huge yard with Hills hoist.

Dan will have way more experience with the area,but the train station is new and much better than the old one, Marion shopping centre is near and it served us well for the weeks we were there and we have many happy memories of our time there. Our kids went to a primary school in the area we were buying in so I don't know what the primary schools are like although I know a little about Hamilton and Westminster high schools.

I don't expect any of that will come as a surprise to you, but I just felt I should prepare you for a fair-sized, clean adequate house...just probably not as comfortable as the home you will have left! I was tired and it burst my bubble for the evening I can tell you! Specially as there are some really nice houses in Doreen Street at the end so as we drove up I was quite optimistic! But it's all good!:cute:

I reckon it would take about half an hour to get to Wingfield...OH used to go to TAFE there, and younger child has shot there, but probably not the same as travelling in rush hour.

Ok, well excitment and nostalgia has made me ramble on (again).

Have a good journey!

:wubclub: LC

Guest brandyslad
Hi ,Yes its in quite a good area,close to beaches and the huge Marion shopping centre,so a good location,we are close to there,so feel free also to PM us if you fancy a cuppa or a trip to the pub,all the best,Billy.

Will take you up on that.

Oh, one quick question, are the tea bags crap over there? I drink tea til it comes out of my ears here, honestly I could maybe drink 12 cups a day! I want to bring Barrys tea with me but I have watched enough episodes of Border Force on Sky to know that is a bad idea! LOL

Guest caoimhe
Will take you up on that.

Oh, one quick question, are the tea bags crap over there? I drink tea til it comes out of my ears here, honestly I could maybe drink 12 cups a day! I want to bring Barrys tea with me but I have watched enough episodes of Border Force on Sky to know that is a bad idea! LOL

Personally I don't like the tea and even the Tetleys tastes different. When our stuff arrived the movers had packed a packet of Tetleys and I found them when I was unpacking...Still have a few so will save you a cup:biglaugh: