PING PONGERS,or is it PONG PINGERS?

sueoc

Hi,i'm fascinated by the phenomenon of members who have come here to Adelaide,become homesick , and/or for other reasons, have returned home to the UK.Also people who have come back to Adelaide after going back to live in the UK.The thoughts that must go through your minds,the uncertainty,the emotions,the stress,the joy.It would be really interesting to share your experiences.I am also asking as my wife is really homesick at the moment,who knows what the future holds!

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes this is an interesting one. I have been here for 10 weeks and am not homesick yet! For me personally, it is too much like hard work ping ponging, but as you say, you dont know what is around the next corner, or how you will feel when you get there!!

Hope some peeps share with us

Mandy

Guest cunnah10
Hi,i'm fascinated by the phenomenon of members who have come here to Adelaide,become homesick , and/or for other reasons, have returned home to the UK.Also people who have come back to Adelaide after going back to live in the UK.The thoughts that must go through your minds,the uncertainty,the emotions,the stress,the joy.It would be really interesting to share your experiences.I am also asking as my wife is really homesick at the moment,who knows what the future holds!

Take it from somebody who has done it....you are very right about the stress,emotions,hard work & of course the financial side of it all!!

It is so physically & emotionally draining "ping ponging"....I have not yet ponged back to Adelaide BUT i have pinged back to the UK after just nearly 6 months of living in Adelaide!

Believe me it is not easy!

Guest cunnah10
So what makes people decide to come back AGAIN?

obviously we are all "individuals"...and will return for different reasons!

Some ...like myself..it wasn't just the homesickness....it was family health issues also back in the UK that made me ping back.

But i am really surprised myself how many are actually returning to the UK...have the numbers always been this high....and is it that we are just more aware of the amount of people that go back now because of the likes of these forums?

I personally would seriously consider returning to Adelaide "if" i didn't have family health issues here to deal with.

This would be mainly for my 4 young children....as i honestly think that we had a far better,healthier & happier family life out there!

But as said before what is good for one family is not the same for another....and we are all individuals with different reasons for making decisions in life!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE PING PONGING (OR JUST PINGING)