Advice for a newbie

Guest I_FELLOWS

Guest I_FELLOWS

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with some advice on some visa related issues ?

I am getting the final things together to lodge my 175 visa application in the next month. The requirements to prove specific employment concern me because the visa advice booklet 6 states that a reference must be supplied from your employer to prove you have fulfilled the criteria and get the 10 points for this section.

I'm sure I can't be the first prospective migrant to not want their employer to know about their plans until the visa is granted (or at least close) !!! I need to keep my current job as long as possible and I can't imagine my employer will be thrilled if I ask for a reference to help my visa application. Have I misunderstood this requirment ? If anyone can advise from their own experience that would be great ?

Secondly a question about the skills matching database.... I have a young family so getting a job quickly in Oz is a must (or even better, before we go). Once I've lodged my application does the skills matching database allow prospective employers to actually make job offers (hope so), or is it only for employers to consider candidates for sponsorship visas ? Again any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest knsc

Hi

Welcome to PIA

I think you can do a statutory declaration to cover this. I remember reading something about it when we filled in our forms but can not find it know. If you do a search for statutory declaration on PIA you will find some old threads on the subject

Sorry do not know about the Skills matching database

Nigel

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi, cant help with the answers but can sympathise with the dilema. I told my immediate manager so I could have a reference for the 175. Im lucky cos it doesnt affect my employment but it did rock the boat for a bit and unsettle the team cos of the change, I would have much prefered not to tell anyone at work.

Hi there,

We have used an agent and my husband had to give a detailed reference from his employer plus a statutory declaration signed by a notary. Would have been a lot quicker if we could have just done the declaration bit. We may have had to do both due to my husband having to be assessed by the ACS and they wanted to see the reference in order to pass him.

Good luck

Guest I_FELLOWS

Thanks everyone for the advice. It's great to get so many responses.

I will search the old threads as suggested.

If there's anyone out there who can help with my question about the skills matching database that would be great ?