Shipping my car to OZ...is it worth it????

johnnynic6

Hope someone could shed some light on this as we can't make our minds up if its worth shipping our car (Freelander) to Australia. We know it would have to be spotless and we could get a big enough container to take a car as well. Checked the prices of Freelanders over there and they do seem fairly expensive to what I've got. Be a shame not to take it as it would be perfect for us. Also what is the procedure of registering a overseas car and cost???? Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Kelly pj

We are also thinking of doing the same! Any advice anyone has would be brill, will defo email Mary nearer the time (case officer has requested our medicals, which we have this thurs! so hopefully not much longer?!) I was shocked at the price of 2nd hand cars too, and are car is in great condition and would love to ship it over if its cost effective, and you never know a few years down the line when we come to sell it it we might get more for it in Oz then here!!! haha!

Guest sandar1

I am in the process of importing a vehicle here also from the states, my deal is a bit better because the vehicle is over the age that we need to pay duty. I will send you the details, just let me check my files for you and let you know what I found out. Firstly because you own the vehicle it is easier how long have you had it, do you know the value and have you had a quote to send it. Find out all of those things, and I will get back to you, if I don't give me a nudge. It isn't that difficult I have done it several times before but not recently. Have you checked the Australian vehicle sites to see what they have here that is similar, I'll send you a site for that also.

Sandara