Insurance for shipping - urgent

Guest Snape Family

Guest Snape Family

Dear all

Does anyone know of a cheaper insurance option when shipping boxes other than that provided by the shipping company?Depending on what we want to cover ie for Total Loss (Iassume this means if the container is completely lost) 3.5%. for total loss, theft and water dameage 5%.

Or can somehting be done using the normal househould insurance.

Any comments would be appreciated, we are planning to ship this Thursday.

thanks

Tracey

Hi Hayley

Use Letton Percival, recommended from this site and we have used them along with many others on PIA. They only charge 1.5% of everything apart from tools which are slightly more. They are based in Liverpool and can sort this out for you straight away, phone number is 0151 236 4568.

Denise

Guest Snape Family

Hi Denise

I have contacted Letton Percival and they have done everything by email. They were quick and efficient, I dealt with a guy call Brian Naughton and couldn't fault him for his helpfulness and clarity. They charged 1.6% so I am very happy.

Thanks for your help with this.

Tracey

Hi Hayley

Use Letton Percival, recommended from this site and we have used them along with many others on PIA. They only charge 1.5% of everything apart from tools which are slightly more. They are based in Liverpool and can sort this out for you straight away, phone number is 0151 236 4568.

Denise