• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      confused with required work experience...1 or 3 years??

      Hello, I'm about to apply for a sponsored visa 176, in the Australia immigration website says there is a 12 months work experience required but on several websites this is what I have found:

      Specific Work Experience

      Worked in the nominated 60-points occupation or a closely related occupation for at least 3 out of the last 4 years. (Gain 10 points)

      Applicant has worked in a 60, 50 or 40-points occupation on the SOL (not necessarily in their nominated occupation) for 3 out of the last 4 years. (Gain 5 points)

      Can anyone elaborate on this??? I have a 60 points job but not three years of experience yet....


    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      87 times
      I think 12 months experience is for 475. So if you don't have enough experience (like at 3 out of 4 years) for 176, you can apply for 475 temporary visa. That's what I did.

      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.


    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums