Worrying - it's all gone quiet

Pesty650

We're getting a bit worried now as nothing seems to be moving with our visa app.

Police Checks were uploaded on 8 March.

Meds were received 14/3/09, one of us had meds finalised on the same day, the other still shows as outstanding (1 is 'Health Requirements Finalised', 1 is 'Health Requirements Outstanding, though it shows Further Medical results received and HIV test received.

We emailed DIAC a few weeks ago just to check there was nothing outstanding, but we never received a reply.

Do you think we should call them to find out what's happening? It's been over 2months now since our meds were sent & police checks were uploaded. I read somewhere it's not a good idea to chase things, so not sure what to do.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

We are in a similar position, we went for our Medicals on the 26th March and shortly after frontloaded Police checks and was allocated Case Officer. We thought great things are moving.

The last time the CO changed status was on the 8th April and it now reads Health Req requested and a few other things are still outstanding which our Agent assures us she has sent. However she has said the CO will not go back to it now untill Meds are Finalised. It will be 9wks this Thursday since we had our Medicals.

We have emailed DIAC to check everything is there and they do not need any further medical information but like you have had no response.

Agent keeps telling me to be patient and we will hear soon, but the Visa's seemed to be going through so quickly and people getting Meds Fin within a few weeks. Very frustrating as like you say seems to have stopped.:SLEEP:

As we have an Agent don't want to start emailing everyone and going above her head and again like you have heard that you shouldn't do this so i guess will just have to sit and wait. The only thing that concerns me is that a few people i have spoke to have said theres got lost in processing, and if they hadn't have phoned they would still have been waiting. Others said theres had been done and they had just not updated the system.:realmad:

Jo and Tom x

Guest kangomik

they love people from lancashire here, they don't understand a word we say!!!!

This is the longest part of the wait guys, because it's the final step.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Yep I'm driving Tom mad,

On the way to work i'm calling him before he's even had chance to open his eyes:SLEEP: to see if he's checked. I'm checking at work thinking it might have changed within a few hours. Think i'm going to have to start checking every other day or something it's getting stupid!!:wacko:

Anyway good luck and let us know when you hear something:)

Jo and Tom x

Hi there, just to say we are in the same situation as you... allocated our CO in February, everything sent and are yet to hear something. After alot of persuasion, our Agent finally sent an email to the DIAC last week. Got a pretty standard reply saying that our file was with our case officer and they would be in contact in the future, so nothing really enlightening or hope giving there.

Our applicaton has now been in for over a year (submitted 25 May 2008), and with no end in sight, starting to think maybe someone is trying to tell us something! Think I may leave it a couple of weeks and perhaps phone them directly and see if I can find anything out.

Good luck to you and all those waiting

Julie

Guest kangomik

they could be waiting for the beginning of the financial year here, end of June. They cut the levels down slightly and some areas may have reached quota.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there everyone,

Just thought i'd give you all some hope. After sending email last week to medical board in Adelaide i have had a reply regarding medicals. They have been Finalised!!! They told me to contact CO who can now process Visa Application.:jiggy:

I contacted Agent this morning and forwarded email to her, she said she would contact CO in the morning and make sure all documents were there and no more info was required as on staus page still showing things as outstanding.

So over the moon, will await email tomoz and hopefully CO will update everything and it should all say met.

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Jo and Tom x:)

• 2 weeks later...

We have an update.

Emailed the Health Ops Board & got a reply which said both our meds had been finalised on 14 March. No idea why only 1 showed as finalised on the DIAC website. We worried for nothing that something was wrong, but at least that's cleared up now. No idea why nothing has moved since 14 March so we checked with case officer just to make sure they weren't waiting for anything else & had a reply today saying one of the police certs we had uploaded was unreadable & could we resubmit it.

Checked on the DIAC site & everything else that was showing as 'Requested' seems to have changed to 'Met' now, so hopefully we should hear something soon. Even if we have to wait until the new year starts in July, it's only a couple of weeks away.