Got our state sponsorship

Guest vicbob

Guest vicbob

Bit of a surprise, got a phone call from our agent to say our state sponsorship had been granted, wasn't expecting that for a few weeks yet. From being told last year by several agents that we had no chance, its all getting a bit serious (and scary now).

Better get the paperwork for the visa application done ASAP, good job its supposed to be raining this weekend:D

Guest The Dimmocks

Congratulations, we got ours last week too, it only took 26 days from them receiving online application. We were a bit surprised as we were prepared for a 6-8 week wait. It a great feeling isn't it. I felt on top of the moon and then all of a sudden thought OMG it really happening. Our visa application was submitted on Monday so another waiting game.

Good luck with your application.

Guest Glenda

Congratulations on getting your sponsorship. I have logged on in the hope that someone can give me some advice!! I have applied for SA sponsorship on-line and am about to get the paperwork off (need to get the finance pro forma signed). Have been filling in visa application but it is coming up 10 points short of what I thought it would be. I was advised that having a Uk passport I would get 25 points for English ability but it is coming up as 15. Has it recently changed??:arghh:

Guest The Dimmocks
Congratulations on getting your sponsorship. I have logged on in the hope that someone can give me some advice!! I have applied for SA sponsorship on-line and am about to get the paperwork off (need to get the finance pro forma signed). Have been filling in visa application but it is coming up 10 points short of what I thought it would be. I was advised that having a Uk passport I would get 25 points for English ability but it is coming up as 15. Has it recently changed??:arghh:

I can't help on that one, sorry. We using an agent and they done all paperwork and as far as I know we have enough points. Good luck in your process and I am sure somebody else will be able to help.

Guest The Dimmocks
How long has it taken since applying?

What is you skill?

Congratulations....

Rob and Mel

Not sure who the question was aimed at but will give our answer anyway LOL. My OH is a joiner by trade and we applying for a 176 visa. Our time line below shows how long it took. What visa you going on and what your skill?

Guest vicbob
How long has it taken since applying?

What is you skill?

Congratulations....

Rob and Mel

Thanks.

Put in application online for Office Manager on 31/3 as agent advised it may have been taken of the list on 1st April (as it turned out it wasn't, but it did make me get my finger out). Paperwork was sent of about 2 weeks later, so all in about 6 weeks. Only got my Ielts test results last week so its all happening now:)

Oh and Dimmocks..............stick to your own threads:p and stop answering mine:)

Guest The Dimmocks
Thanks.

Put in application online for Office Manager on 31/3 as agent advised it may have been taken of the list on 1st April (as it turned out it wasn't, but it did make me get my finger out). Paperwork was sent of about 2 weeks later, so all in about 6 weeks. Only got my Ielts test results last week so its all happening now:)

Oh and Dimmocks..............stick to your own threads:p and stop answering mine:)

Soz :o. I just been told my message is to short so there you go, should be long enough now.

Guest GREGV

Hi Glenda

The rule is that if you have a British passport you can claim 15 points. If you want to claim the full 25 points you need to obtain a band 7 score for each of the four IELTS tests (Reading, writing, listening & speaking).

The tests aren't difficult however you need to study the provided material to obtain the desired band score. Look at this site for more info http://www.ielts.org/

I have just received State sponsorship and like you I was 5 points short, so I have just completed my IELTS test and will receive my results on 13/06/2009.

REMEMBER that there is a few weeks waiting list for these exams so book ASAP to take them so that when you receive your State sponsorship that you are able to submit your DIAC application within the given 60 days.

All the best

GREGV

Guest vicbob

Yeah, ielts is not that difficult, but as Gregv said a bit of preparation is needed so you know what to expect. I had an A level in english but needed the points, seems silly really, but rules are rules.

Guest Glenda
Hi Glenda

The rule is that if you have a British passport you can claim 15 points. If you want to claim the full 25 points you need to obtain a band 7 score for each of the four IELTS tests (Reading, writing, listening & speaking).

The tests aren't difficult however you need to study the provided material to obtain the desired band score. Look at this site for more info http://www.ielts.org/

I have just received State sponsorship and like you I was 5 points short, so I have just completed my IELTS test and will receive my results on 13/06/2009.

REMEMBER that there is a few weeks waiting list for these exams so book ASAP to take them so that when you receive your State sponsorship that you are able to submit your DIAC application within the given 60 days.

All the best

GREGV

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I've decided to just wait for the state sponsorship because if I get that then I will have enough points without taking the IELTS. I've got my paperwork ready to send off following the on-line application but I really dont know the best person to get to sign the finance pro forma. How can you prove what money you will get from the sale of your house or business or cars etc in order for a solicitor to agree to sign it? I dont know if i'm being really dumb but this is holding things up at the moment. Any advice, please???

Glenda:sad:

Guest vicbob
Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I've decided to just wait for the state sponsorship because if I get that then I will have enough points without taking the IELTS. I've got my paperwork ready to send off following the on-line application but I really dont know the best person to get to sign the finance pro forma. How can you prove what money you will get from the sale of your house or business or cars etc in order for a solicitor to agree to sign it? I dont know if i'm being really dumb but this is holding things up at the moment. Any advice, please???

Glenda:sad:

Hi, we just got a local estate agent to value the house (gulp), printed of bank statements/mortgage documents etc and took them to a local solicitor, he charged us £5 to sign them and then we sent them off. I think its only a rough idea they require, obviously exchange rates and house prices change, i think its more to prove you have some assets (hopefully), the minimum threshold is quite low.

Guest Glenda
Hi, we just got a local estate agent to value the house (gulp), printed of bank statements/mortgage documents etc and took them to a local solicitor, he charged us £5 to sign them and then we sent them off. I think its only a rough idea they require, obviously exchange rates and house prices change, i think its more to prove you have some assets (hopefully), the minimum threshold is quite low.

Thanks for that, the valuation of the house shouldn't be a problem, it's my husbands business that will be a bit difficult. It's all just taking so long to sort out, I just want to get the visa application in. Before I realised I was some points short I spent ages filling in the application on-line and now I have to wait to get the state sponsorship, the application will probably be deleted before I get SS and I'll have to start all over again!! arghhhh!!!!:arghh:

Congratulations Vicbob!!!!!

If you were anything like me I was dancing around like a looney. As you say then reality kicks in. I suddenly thought have we picked the right area, have I done enough research but got some nice friendly support from some of the peeps on here which helped lots.

Good luck with the rest of it.

Niki