Migration Costs

Bevev's

Hi,

Can somone help us please. Have you any idea how much it costs to migrate, if you do it yourselves and do the visa costs include your spouse and dependent children. We will be getting a skilled visa under my skill (Nurse). The agents seem so expensive, but I can't seem to find approx costs for it all. Seems to be a few hundred for this and a few hundred for that. i'm getting a little confused as some costs cross over. Grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Bev, Martyn and Alex

Hi

We are currently awaiting our visa (state sponsored). We used an agent as they make sure everything is correct before it is sent off. For the visa so far it has cost us about £3000, but we have yet to pay for our medicals and police report. Everything seems to have gone through very quickly and it only took 10 days for my skills assessment to be passed off. We have also looked at getting our home stuff transfered to Oz and that costs about £3000. The agent does cost for their service but in the long run i think they are worth it. Hope this is of some help.

Guest lynne

We had a skilled independent visa 175 and payed 2,800 for 5 of us including medicals and police checks.

You can see all the information for visas, costs and down load forms by googling "Australian house london"

• 8 months later...
Guest brianlynnette
Hi' date='

Can somone help us please. Have you any idea how much it costs to migrate, if you do it yourselves and do the visa costs include your spouse and dependent children. We will be getting a skilled visa under my skill (Nurse). The agents seem so expensive, but I can't seem to find approx costs for it all. Seems to be a few hundred for this and a few hundred for that. i'm getting a little confused as some costs cross over. Grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Bev, Martyn and Alex[/quote']

go on australia house website as we are going over on a spouse visa and to do it ourselves itll cost £875 without the medicals and police check but thru an agent just for the visa it will cost £2.500 so thats an awful lot extra good luck

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Hi' date='

Cheers

Bev, Martyn and Alex[/quote']

Hello and welcome back

(assuming you are back and not hiding out somewhere :wideeyed: )

Hope you enjoyed yourselves :)

we used Australia House, yes so far we have paid them about £3000 but we did not know of PIA site then, and the help around and about available (Sister used four corners but heard that had gone now) and for all intent and purposes they have been excellent, and saved us a lot of trouble with hubby's working history a place closed down blah blah so they told us what was needed and helped us develop his personal statement etc.

Good luck with which ever route you choose.

Tanya

Guest kelv&haley

agents are great when it comes to references and state sponsorship statements,cost us £1500 for their services,the rest of the money was for actual visa process,skills accessment etc,totalling around £3000 ish (i think)............we used global visas ,good luck

Guest kangomik

it mounts up when you add all the little things in, posting, fuel for running around, magistrate fee's i reckon around 2K, then the shipping, selling off stuff you won't take, flights and insurance out here not much change out of 10K depending on how many come.

We didn't use an agent, but had some great advice off the ladies in manchester. Agents costs would have been around the 2k mark. Use the forums and an easy application can be done on your own "no worries".

Good luck and have fun with the process, and be patient:);)