457 Visa help

Guest chloebopper

Guest chloebopper

Hi, my family and I are coming out to Oz in August on a 457 visa and want to know

what is the best visa to apply for to get residency and then citizenship. As our 457 is only for 2 years as thats the length of my contract.

:goofy:

Guest chloebopper
hiya we have a 457 and its for 4 years thought they all were?

Hi,

Yes they are 4 year visas, but my new job only has a 2 year contract so we are hoping that they will renew it after the 2 years is up. But we wanna apply for a different visa when we get to Oz which will give us residency. Any idea which would be the best one.

:confused:

One option is for you to approach your employer and ask them to sponsor you for an onshore Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (Subclass 857 RSMS).

Personally i would wait about 6 months before you make an approach for several reasons, that you are happy here, happy with your employer and that they are happy with you.

The process is very simple and does not require an agent. Typical costs for a family of 4 is $3000, that includes all your medicals, x-rays and application fee.

Visa grant varies from 1 week to 1 month.

Hope that helps.