IELTS Visa Requirements

Guest sjbudd

Guest sjbudd

Hi

I am applying for a 175 - Skilled, Independant visa and am currently having my skills assessed by the Australian Computing Society.

I am currently 10 points short for this Visa, however I have recently sat the IELTS test(s) and have achieved the following scores: -

Listening 8.5

Reading 6.5

Writing 9.0

Speaking 9.0

Overall 8.5

Have I done enough to guarantee the extra points required?

Many Thanks

Stu

Guest soggy
Hi

I am applying for a 175 - Skilled, Independant visa and am currently having my skills assessed by the Australian Computing Society.

I am currently 10 points short for this Visa, however I have recently sat the IELTS test(s) and have achieved the following scores: -

Listening 8.5

Reading 6.5

Writing 9.0

Speaking 9.0

Overall 8.5

Have I done enough to guarantee the extra points required?

Many Thanks

Stu

Hi,

I think you just miss out on the extra points, I quite sure you need 7 in each of the 4 units so your reading has let you down, get a little practice in and take the test again, getting the 175 visa will be worth a little bit more time and effort.:)

Simon:D

Guest sjbudd

Thank you for all the responses.

I kind of thought that that was the case, serves me right for rushing/ skimming parts of the reading element. Was running out of time...

Hopefully better luck next time.

Cheers

Stu

:wacko: