• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By stufi1997

    Thread: SA Sponsership Query

    1. #1

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Woodcroft, Adelaide
      72 times

      SA Sponsership Query

      Hi guys this is a quick question that I have, sorry if its been asked before but I have searched but found no threads.

      If you are granted State Sponsership for South Australia but have family living in a different State, say Western Australia, are you allowed to go and work and live in that state rather than SA. I was wondering if the state sponsership was flexible or whether you would have to jump through hoops to do this. Have seen other posts on this on PIA and am just a little confused, Gov site doesnt clarify this either. The job for sponsership is on both states current lists.

      Thanks in advance.

      Bish x

    2. #2
      Hi Bish,
      The short answer is yes. You theoretically can jump ship so to speak, we know a couple who have done this recently, they informed S.A that they were moving to QLD as a courtesy, and informed QLD that they were coming. SA never got in touch with them and QLD were very helpful apparently. The requirement of the SIR visa is that you stay in "regional" australia for 2 years and SA has no further input into your future application for PR.
      Having said all that we won't do it.....would hate for anything to jeopardise any chance of getting PR.....We want a straightforward no hassles, dot all the i's and crossed t's 887 application.
      Good luck with it whatever you decide,
      bishop3912 likes this.


    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums