Aldinga Beach

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Guys, what Aldinga Beach like. Ive heard its a lovely place but is suitable for a young family? We have a 5,3 and 1 year old.

Hoping to move to SA next year but not sure where is best! So confusing :arghh:

Guest cazandbrad

Were in the same situation, our kids are a tiny bit older 8,7 and 4

Cant help thinking it seems a bit out, but it looks really fresh and new and is real close to the beach, anyone have any info on near by schools?

Thanks

Guest bishop3912

Oh this thread saved me a post, cant wait to read peoples responses as this is one of the areas that we are looking at too and have 4 kids aged 7,6,3,5mths. x

Guys, what Aldinga Beach like. Ive heard its a lovely place but is suitable for a young family? We have a 5,3 and 1 year old.

Hoping to move to SA next year but not sure where is best! So confusing :arghh:

We fell in love with Aldinga Beach within days if getting here, we are now building iur own house down that way.

sure it is a bit outta the way but it depends on where you work, and what you want out of life.....were soo looking forward to it, roll on this time next year.

we have 2 littlies 5 and 11 and 2 teenagers...

hope to see you all down there next year....

Guest bishop3912
We fell in love with Aldinga Beach within days if getting here, we are now building iur own house down that way.

sure it is a bit outta the way but it depends on where you work, and what you want out of life.....were soo looking forward to it, roll on this time next year.

THanks for your reply, building our own house is our dream too, hopefully we will be able to make it a reality when we arrive. We dont want to be too close to town but want a family orientated place with parks for the kids and great beaches, hence why we have chosen Adelaide, and hopefully Aldinga Beach falls into this category too. OH will be travelling into Adelaide to work hopefully (he is in IT) but the commute is not a problem. What are the schools like in Aldinga Beach, I have done some research and it seems there is mixed views on Aldinga school itself, but Willunga Primary and Southern Vales Christian College seem to have good reviews. What is your/friends opinion on the local schools? Thanks Corinne xx

Guest redfoxy

Hi, We are moving to Sunday at Aldinga in a few weeks. We would have love to have built but didnt want to wait 12 months, as we have been unsettled by leaving the Uk a couple of years ago and arriving here nearly a year ago and just need to settle.

There are just the 2 of us and we want a quiet beach life. We have a got anew house to move too, be we didnt build it. If you build you get what you want dont you ?

Aldinga does seem very popular with the brits.

Did you all know about the big new development starting in 2010 in the field at the juntion of aldinga beach road and the main road ?

:huh:

Guest cazandbrad

What development is it? Like shops or a housing development?

What are the schools like, both primary and secondary? And how far from Aldinga Beach are they?

Are there any little cafes or restaurants at Aldinga Beach?

Thanks

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

We live in Aldinga Beach. My 8 year old goes to Willunga PS (10 mins drive) and has settled really well. My 13 year old goes to Willunga HS (free bus) and has also settled in well. There is a shopping mall (supermarket/chemist/butcher/fruit&veg/hairdresser/newsagents/ cafe/bank etc). Seaford has a bigger shopping centre (10 mins drive) and Noarlunga has an even greater choice (20 mins drive).

There are a few eating places and take aways in Aldinga but McLaren Vale (15 mins drive) has a great selection of restaurants and cafes (and of course wineries with cellar doors!).

The beaches here are fab. Our favourite in Port Willunga but Aldinga Beach and Silver Sands are also great and you can drive on these beaches.

Hope this helps.

Guest redfoxy
No I didnt know about the development, what is it going to be?? cheers Corinne x

It is just on your right as you turn right up aldinga beach road, If i can find the link about again I will post it.

Hi, We are moving to Sunday at Aldinga in a few weeks. We would have love to have built but didnt want to wait 12 months, as we have been unsettled by leaving the Uk a couple of years ago and arriving here nearly a year ago and just need to settle.

There are just the 2 of us and we want a quiet beach life. We have a got anew house to move too, be we didnt build it. If you build you get what you want dont you ?

Aldinga does seem very popular with the brits.

Did you all know about the big new development starting in 2010 in the field at the juntion of aldinga beach road and the main road ?

:huh:

We have got a house and land package, and yes you get what you want but it all comes at a price, but you can outsource certain items we are just pricing up some air con, what you save you can use somewhere else on your house package.

We are looking at keeping our lil girl @ Seaford 7-12 when she starts there in Jan but were not too sure bout lil man as of yet....

Guest moonraker1959

Sounds like that area will have more poms than aussies at the rate everyone is moving there!!! I used to live in the hills (30 years all up)and was disappointed visiting a town up there recently.The landlord of one of the pubs I used to frequent is a pom.I know that sounds silly,but the town was predominantly aussies,and the landlord proudly (?)informed us the town/area was being swamped by poms moving there???The town I used to live in has an awful lot of vietnamese living in it now,and its causing some friction with the natives!!! My brothers both live in Freeling (have done for 25 years)and are very angry that the council there has just approved building for........350 new builds!!!! The town won't be the same anymore and will lose its community feel.Both my brothers are shifting to Tasmania,they've had enough!!!

Guest suttons
Hi

We live in Aldinga Beach. My 8 year old goes to Willunga PS (10 mins drive) and has settled really well. My 13 year old goes to Willunga HS (free bus) and has also settled in well. There is a shopping mall (supermarket/chemist/butcher/fruit&veg/hairdresser/newsagents/ cafe/bank etc). Seaford has a bigger shopping centre (10 mins drive) and Noarlunga has an even greater choice (20 mins drive).

There are a few eating places and take aways in Aldinga but McLaren Vale (15 mins drive) has a great selection of restaurants and cafes (and of course wineries with cellar doors!).

The beaches here are fab. Our favourite in Port Willunga but Aldinga Beach and Silver Sands are also great and you can drive on these beaches.

Hope this helps.

Hi we are looking at Aldinga Beach area, it seems like a nice place with a lot of new built houses, the info above all sounds perfect, and the OH does a commute of 1hr and 10 mins at the moment in the Uk so commuting to Adelaide will not be a problem. Would like to have come out to Oz this year but realistically its gonna be in the New Year.

Shona x

Ian (35), Shona (35), Elisha (10), Mitchell (7), and Ty (2)

We have 4 children and 3 of them go to aldinga beach primary and they love it!

They are doing really well and if the kids are happy am happy!

I love aldinga there are lots of things going on, the community centre is great has playgroups,play gyms courses for adults(just finished a women and well being course, FREE AND FREE CRECHE) me and my 2 year old are never at home!:jiggy:

I really think it has a community feel about lots for the family to do lots of parks skate park bike park and the beach is fab in summer time.

sue xxx

Hi sue2oz and any other members that can help.

Sorry to jump in with another question.

This is one of the area's we have been looking into as well and have heard some good reports from members already living there.

We are looking to hopefully go early part of next year once everything finalised. Charlie will be nearly 7 and Phoebe nearly 3.

I don't drive and wondered what the bus service is like for getting around and also getting Charlie to school. Are there any nurseries there so Phoebe can meet other children her age as she has just started pre-school here 2 days a week.

Thanks

Niki

Guest moonraker1959
Hi sue2oz and any other members that can help.

Sorry to jump in with another question.

This is one of the area's we have been looking into as well and have heard some good reports from members already living there.

We are looking to hopefully go early part of next year once everything finalised. Charlie will be nearly 7 and Phoebe nearly 3.

I don't drive and wondered what the bus service is like for getting around and also getting Charlie to school. Are there any nurseries there so Phoebe can meet other children her age as she has just started pre-school here 2 days a week.

Thanks

Niki

Hi,might be a good idea to obtain your drivers license before coming to Oz,depending on where you decide to live,you might be lucky with good public transport links,or you could live somewhere where you could be restricted.I live in Wiltshire too,,beautiful place!