Can anyone recommend a migration agent?

Guest proctor3069

Guest proctor3069

Hi

We are just about to start our visa application (not done Vetassess yet) and are finding the whole thing a bit daunting so are thinking of using a migration agent. We live just outside of Manchester so would like one near by if anyone can recommend one that would be great.

If anyone has done this process on their own and how hard did you find it? We are wanting a state sponsored 176 skilled (we think)

Many thanks

Darren (30) Tammy (31) Jessica (2):)

Hi

We are using Ian Harrop Associates and although they are based down south they can do everything via email & phone. We did visit them in the first instance although this was our choice and found the visit very useful. They have been excellent and are continually on the ball. Would definitely recommend them.

Where abouts are you, we are based in Oldham?

Good luck

Tracey

Guest proctor3069

Thanks for your advice.

We live in Dukinfield so not far from you. Have they done everything for you including vetasses? and what kind of fees do they charge?

Guest thekings

Hi

We also use Ian Harrop and have found him and his team invaluable.

When we first started our application I e-mailed 6 different agents at the same time outlining what I wanted. Ian Harrop responded first by e-mail, then by phone and finally with an information pack including a DVD. There was no pressure to use him as an agent, he just fed us information. I have to say that he has exceeded our expectations. His team is very efficient and ensures that you cross the t's and dot thei's. The only downside now is the waiting game, the application is in we have just got to wait now.......

We used the Emigration Group based in Chester - we're off shortly so it obviously worked! Quite expensive though but as long as we got the visa!!!!!

So much paperwork - we hadn't a clue. Nice to have someone doing it. What you pay in money you save in time!!!

rich

Thanks for your advice.

We live in Dukinfield so not far from you. Have they done everything for you including vetasses? and what kind of fees do they charge?

Hi

Yes, they helped with absolutely everything. My oh doesn't have a C & G qualification and is self employed so we felt we needed the help of an agent. Ian Harrop provided draft references that included all the information required for the Vettasses assessment & we just had to add to them and get them signed by companies my oh had worked for. They check everything is up to scratch before submitting. They even reformatted his CV vettasses style.

It cost us £1750 + vat payable in 3 stages - 1st prior to submitting vettasses paperwork, 2nd for submission of vettasses practical and 3rd for visa submission.

Regards

Tracey

Hi

We are just about to start our visa application (not done Vetassess yet) and are finding the whole thing a bit daunting so are thinking of using a migration agent. We live just outside of Manchester so would like one near by if anyone can recommend one that would be great.

If anyone has done this process on their own and how hard did you find it? We are wanting a state sponsored 176 skilled (we think)

Many thanks

Hi there

In the Manchester area I would recommend Shirley & Sheila:

http://www.australiamigrate.co.uk/permanent_migration_visa.htm

How far is Carrington from you?

I would NOT recommend the firm in Chester. They charge double the going rate for the work and their contract for services is governed by New Zealand law, which is no use to you whatsoever. The Court in England & Wales cannot enforce a contract made under NZ Law and only a resident of NZ would be able to enforce it in NZ.

Sheila and Shirley have an absolutely impeccable reputation and their background is the same as Ian Harrop's except that he is an Aussie and the two ladies are British. The ladies are not MARA registered simply because they can't be. Only Australian Citizens, permanent residents and Kiwis with a special class visa can be RMAs.

Richard Gregan in Edinburgh is an RMA who genuinely owns the business that his MARA registration number is used in connection with, and he lives in Edinburgh.

http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk/meet-the-team/scotland-team/richard-gregan.html

If you speak with the ladies and they quite a price in excess of Ian & Richard, haggle. Work is thin on the ground for the agents at the moment, so they are all having to be more realistic about their fees than they might wish to have to be.

Cheers

Gill

Hi there

<snip>

If you speak with the ladies and they quite a price in excess of Ian & Richard, haggle. Work is thin on the ground for the agents at the moment, so they are all having to be more realistic about their fees than they might wish to have to be.

Cheers

Gill

(emphasis added)

Maybe for some ... but not for all ... :)

We're always happy to discuss costs though.

Best regards.

Guest Kevin Quinn

Hi

We used Advantage Migration, http://www.advantagemigration.com, who are based in Australia. Dianne is over in the UK in February and September every year and although I had my initial meeting with her in September and then one again when she was back in February most migration agents either in the UK or Oz will work via email and phone.

The fees were AU$4200 which were more expensive than the UK examples I've read here - but my skills assessment wasn't the most straight forward and she was brilliant.

Good luck with whom ever your choose.

Hi - we used 1st Contact based in London - they were excelllent AND we got all our copied certificates back after completion - they also offer no visa no fee. Just make sure they are DIMA certified....and GOOD LUCK

:)

Don't be taken in by no visa = no fee policies. The small print is almost always written in such a way that you are most unlikely to ever be reimbursed should your application be unsuccessful.

I'm sure Gill can confirm this from her involvement with others.

And there is no such thing as being "DIMA certified" ... perish the thought! :)

Best regards.

Guest Tracey
Hi

Many thanks

Hi, we used Concept Australia, have an office in Manchester. They were excellent. Always at the end of the phone when i called. They charged £1500, which was to be paid in stages, £300 at a time. We have just got our visa after applying in September.

All the very best

Guest proctor3069

Thanks to everyone for your advice we shall be making some calls this afternoon so fingers crossed.

We have only been back in th U.K from Adelaide 2 weeks and are fed up already really don't want to be here so just want to be able to press the fast forward button and be out there so will definately use an agent now as I think it will take us 6 months just to get our head around it all!

Thanks again to all of you for your help it has been very much appreciated.

Guest thekings

Forgot to add, like Tracey's agent Ian Harrop also charges in instalments which helps with the old budget. The only downside was that he was so quick with the initial work (which in fairness is most of the visa process) we have already paid 66% of the final bill lol. Good luck

Guest Lisado

We used Go Matilda and highly recommend them. Our agent Sarah was so on the ball and I still cant thank her ennough for the help, support and encouragement she gave us. Each time I waivered she was there to keep me going.

Superb and didnt cos the earth :)

Lisa

We used Go Matilda and highly recommend them. Our agent Sarah was so on the ball and I still cant thank her ennough for the help, support and encouragement she gave us. Each time I waivered she was there to keep me going.

Superb and didnt cos the earth :)

Lisa

From reading on the internet, the best get mentioned only in a positive manner. We are using Ian Harrop but would certainly have used Tony. The best ones are totally professional and offer and off an excellent service.

We're in Woodley!

Cooler

Guest Lisado

Sarah managed to get us 2 extensions on time due to a South African police check - not sure we would be going to Oz if it wasn't for her :)

I think the best agents will always have a positive right up!!!

Guest sandar1

Look up Ian Harrop n the net, know him personally was with at embassy in India. Lovely guy, very well respected in his field. Tell him Sandra said to call.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest proctor3069

Hi i sent you a PM but not sure if you got it or not ! Yes will def meet up got a bit on over the next couple of weeks but will sort it. Is a weekend best for you guys as probably best for us as will be bringing little one with us? I have stored your no so will give you a ring.

Also we booked our first meeting with Ian Harrop for the 7th august so the journey begins !!

Thanks again

Guest Libby1971

We used Ian Harrop and as others have said they were great. Although we lived locally to his offices it was hard to get the time off work to meet up so we used the postal/ phone service which was convenient. We went through all the information on the phone and the forms were completed and then sent to us for checking and signing. It could not have been easier. The installments did come in handy.

Guest sandar1

Ian worked for the Australian immigration for many years and was a wonderful friend and colleague when we were posted to India. He knows his stuff and is extremely professional. I'm glad it all went well for you all.

Sandra