Migration Agents IN AUSTRALIA for PR

Guest howie

Guest howie

We were granted our Visas in Feb and are off to SA in a few months Still delighted about that but being a bit cautious I now have concerns about whether conversion to permanent residency is automatic even if you have properly met the criteria for working and living.

I read on this forum that they can reject you without giving reasons.

Apparantly this is not true and they cannot refuse without giving reasons, and if you are refused, you have the right of review. The view is that provided you have met the requirements, you'll get the conversion.

However my UK Migration Agent recommended that we contact a Registered Migration Agent in Adelaide when we arrive, and seek advice from them throughout the temp visa period and also advised keeping all the evidence we can.

My question is this - do people use Oz-based Migration Agents once they arrive in Australia to maximise the chances of conversion to permanent?

Thanks