Nursing experience and the 175 visa application

Guest Woody and Jane

Guest Woody and Jane

Can anyone help with a bit of advice? While training to be a nurse I was paid a bursary by the university so therefore I was classed as employed as a nursing student. The 175 visa asks if you have 3 years experience in your profession, I qualified in 2007 so just hitting the 2 years post degree experience now but i began training in 2004 ... will the visa people accept that I have had relevant work experience in nursing , all in all its almost 5 years .... has anyone else had this concern. Thanks for any advice, Jane

Guest Tracey

Hi, I don't think it counts whilst you were a student, it seems ages since i first started the whole process last year. I think you have to be a registered nurse for three out of the four years.

Good luck

Trace

Guest thekings

Hi, I agree, I think it says somewhere that you have to be employed for a certain percentage of time since qualifying. I understand what you mean about getting a bursary and being classed as employed, the only benefit I have found from that is that it increases your holiday entitlement as it shows you have been employed longer. But the same rule doesn't wash with the ANMC.

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. My opinion on the matter seems to be a little different from the others. When i first started this process i was told that i would only have to use the three year post qualifying thing for the points system, if i was over 30 years old. I would never dream of asking your age, but all i think is, that if you are over 30 you lose x many points, and therefore the only way to get more points is by having been qualified for over three years.

If i have got this totally wrong i do apologise, but i have also been qualified since 2007 and have never been told i need to wait for the three years.

Tracy xxx

Guest Woody and Jane

Hi all, thanks for the advice , sadly I am over 30.. ( happiest days of my life !) I had a creeping suspicion that my training wasn't enough to count towards the points, so on to plan B. We will go for the 176, I have heard that you just contact DIAC and advise them you are going state sponsership and they process with your 175 info .... fingers crossed. I didn't realise how much I want to get to Oz until I thought I couldn't. Stressssssssss.