Worried about my xray on 3/7/09!
Worried about my chest xray!
Hi there, i am wondering if anyone could help me, i am really worried about my chest xray.
We (me, my husband, and two children) went for our medicals yesterday. I thought it would of been my husbnand who would of been the main cause for worry with regards to passing our medicals, but how wrong was i.
I am healthy and have got no health concerns, or well so i thought.
I went in to see the doctor after having my medical, who asked me if the radiologist had mentioned anything about my xray. I said no, and asked what was worng with it. He told me that it showed hazy opacification, on the left lung base, and asked me if i had recently had a chest infection, and was i coughing up green plegm. I amswered no to both, as i never ever have chest infections, or coughing.
He listened to my chest and then told me it sounded clear and that there was probably nothing to worry about, but that i had to go to my gp and have a repeat xray done in 4 weeks time.
The problem with all this is that all my evidence required for the visa has to be sent in by the 14th August. If i go for repeat xray on the 31st of july, and they will not hurry it up because i am am not symptomatic, and they told me it can take between 5 days and 14 days, so that would be past the 14th august.
Please can anyone give me any advice on what to do?
175 visa applied for 01/01/2009
CO assigned 03/06/2009
Couldn't you pay for a private x-ray, might cost a bit but at least you should have results quicker. Just a thought.
Good luck anyway and hope all is okay.
When we went for our medicals we assumed that they would all be ok to. We had one of the biggest shocks of our lives when our then 4yr old daughter was diagnosed with a heart condition. The next day I phoned my local GP who immediately arranged an appointment with a Paediatric Cardiologist at Bupa. We were seen within a few days and it cost us 120 pounds for the consultation which was well worth it to get a diagnosis. My daughter also had to undergo tests including an echocardiogram.
So my advice would be to go private and get it sorted asap, and hopefully it will not affect you getting your Visa. We managed to get ours ok and now my daughter just has yearly check ups.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for your replies.
I wouldn't mind paying the extra to go private, as we have already paid so much out for the visa, the cost of an xray is small. But my only concern is, if it was a chest infection that i was unaware of then it would still be hazy, but i do think when it gets closer to the 3-4 weeks i will go private just so i can get the results as soon as possible.
Originally Posted by northernstar200
i think if you e-mail your case officer and explain the situation then he will move the date right a bit. The date set is not a "final date or no visa" date.
My brother is going through the process and his chest x-ray showed a spot of some kind so are getting it investigated. Couldn't get in to see a consultant for 3 weeks!
replies about xrays
My mum always says "these things are meant to try u", and i am sure in a couple of weeks when i hopefully get the all clear i will be thinking the same. But i now understand how awful a wait it is for someone under going tests or waiting for results.
I am going to wait two weeks and go for repeat xray hoping this whatever i have has cleared up.