• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      Psychologists 2514-79 work experience?


      I had a question regarding the work experience requirement for the 176 visa.

      I know you need at least 12 months experience before applying, and my question is in relation to the occupation of Psychologists, nec 2514-79.

      My brother has a degree in psychology, and the Australian Psychological Society has already deemed his education as equivalent to a 4 year Australian degree in psychology which is the requirement for registration.

      In the last three years, he has been working as an autism interventionist, and I wondered who would need to assess the work experience portion of the application?

      The work experience is of a general nature, but the psychology degree was needed for the employment so I believe it would be properly classified for the category.

      He is looking into state sponsorship from SA.

      Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you!

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      1017 times
      Wouldn't it be the relevant assessing authority at the time of carrying out the skills assessment, which in this case and as you mention in your posting, is the APS?


    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums