Pro's and Con's

Guest daksha

Guest daksha

Can anyone help please...........? We seem to be familiar with the pro's of moving to Oz but can anyone help with the con's ( apart from the obvious missing family and friends etc) Don’t mean to sound negative just want to be realistic and make sure we have not missed anything. :)

Guest graandjac

;)lets hope this thread comes to a short end....lol.....from what i can gather there driving is v bad....and they take the pi** alot out of us poms ,there is a few minor ones to start us off....Cheers Graham

Guest ralph n bev

Oh and having to have a licence for everything !!

Saying that , i think they should do that over here, if it gets rid of the cowboys and conmen,

shame you cant do it from over here while your on the long wait though.

Guest ali@51

How's about spiders snakes and other aussorted venomus wild life, Oh and sharks poisionus jelly fish moscitoes and from what i can gather more kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and not enough pubs:eek:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxuk101LWGB

Guest soggy

So apart from.....

there driving is v bad....and they take the pi** alot out of us poms, Lower wages and higher taxes , and having to have a licence for everything, spiders, snakes and other aussorted venomus wild life, sharks poisionus jelly fish, moscitoes and more kids!!!!

are there any negatives about Australia.

Simon

Guest ralph n bev

Mullet hairdoes , i kid ye not.

Meant to be very popular with the aussie male.

Keep telling Ralph to get growing his , to fit in with the lads, but hes not having any of it;)

Guest ali@51
:pstop being a spoil sport no body has died from a spider bite in 10 yrs fact

Then its more and more likly that someone will soon.:confused: Will all voulenters please take one step forward;)

Guest Guest75

Yeah but so many have filled their pants as one unexpectedly runs over their arm.

:P:p:p

Guest Guest75
Mullet hairdoes , i kid ye not.

Meant to be very popular with the aussie male.

Keep telling Ralph to get growing his , to fit in with the lads, but hes not having any of it;)

ZZ Top style beards are in as well - funny when you watch a big ugly biker with a hooooge beard flapping in his face.Dunno how they see!!!!!:D

Guest Guest75
Can anyone help please...........? We seem to be familiar with the pro's of moving to Oz but can anyone help with the con's ( apart from the obvious missing family and friends etc) Don’t mean to sound negative just want to be realistic and make sure we have not missed anything. :)

To be honest it will vary from person to person.

A lot suffer homesickness or miss something from the UK.

At first it can just be overwhelming and you don't know where anything is etc.............

The cost of living has risen over here in the 7 years we've been here.No longer is there a cheap Australian Dream.

But still affordable if you are wise with money.

It's just such a complete lifestyle change that it can have many cons or few cons.

Few for us fortunately.:D

You know I got told today (by an aussie, so it must be true) the daddy long legs here are poisonous But they are too weak to pierce the skin, so won't bite you.!!!:o

Well i never!

J x

Guest lastboyscout

Well heres another not so well known fact, its exactly the same in the UK:eek:

Daddy long legs over here are just as poisonous :eek:

JUST KIDDING LOL

Guest sarahsmartiepants

No radiators, still have to use the tumble drier, prehistoric broadband(they think its super fast!), lack of being able to connect to broadband in some houses, I wont say areas as this varies from house to house! Not many good internet sites for price comparing. Petrol goes up on tuesday evening or wednesday then slowly drops down again!! Why?

Is that enough for starters???;).

You only asked for cons I could give the same if not more pros.

sarah